IAT SENSOR PART II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mitchell

Reaction score
My apologies for the prior unclear description. I'm trying to find the location of the IAT sensor. I believe I know what one looks like and that it should be mounted into the incoming air stream but for some reason I can't find it. Maybe it has a different look or location for my particular year Bronco. Any ideas?

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
Perhaps I am showing my ignorance here, but how else do you learn? I've never heard of an IAT sensor. Are we talking about an IAC? Idle air control valve? If so, it's on the upper intake plenum. Easy to get to and replace. If not, I'll be happy to learn what an IAT sensor is.

Snowman74 :)>-

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
Its intake air temp
Oops! Just read Miesk5's reply to the previous IAT question. Now I know. Thanks Yardape and Miesk5. I think I might just look at my IAT now...might need to be cleaned or replaced.

Snowman74 :)>-

Yardape

Reaction score
I am not 100% but I dont think Speed Density has it. The newer Broncos as far as I understand have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

mitchell

Reaction score
Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IAT)

Perhaps I am showing my ignorance here, but how else do you learn? I've never heard of an IAT sensor. Are we talking about an IAC? Idle air control valve? If so, it's on the upper intake plenum. Easy to get to and replace. If not, I'll be happy to learn what an IAT sensor is.Snowman74 :)>-

Roadkill

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the 351 and 302 use similar air cleaners. But on my '96 351w, the sensor was located on the back side of the air filter box. (towards the fuse block)

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the 351 and 302 use similar air cleaners. But on my '96 351w, the sensor was located on the back side of the air filter box. (towards the fuse block)
same location for my 95 5.0

in 96; Ford changed from 2 intake tubes from filter box to throttle body; to one, from box, branching out to 2 near throttle body;

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj