How Do I Open The Tailgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian

Reaction score
Third week with my 'new' Bronco, luv it. I bought it with a broke rear window. I don't know how to open the tail gate. I took off the cover and am pulling on the rods going to the locks. The drivers side is open but the passinger side won't budge.Am I missing something?The window motor arms are all the way down.Thanks Brian

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Is the rear glass completely gone??? There is a "catch" in the bottom of the tailgate directly below the center latch that the glass normally pushes on to allow the endlatches to release. Look for a rod going down from the center latch plate and find the end of it, then push down.

kelly

Reaction score
i had problems on my 95 tailgate not opening. i ended up using a jumper wire and bypassing the safety switch on the drivers side. it stops the latches from releasing if the glass is up at all. i didn't think to look for a manual catch in the center but my passenger side wouldn't release either. look for the manual catch first because the safety switch is a bitch to get to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula