Holley 600cfm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saint351

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a Holley 4 barrel 600cfm carb that has been sitting on a truck he bought 6 months ago. He wants about 150 bucks for it and it is a manual choke. Anyone that could tell me if the carb is worth that please do.

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
Used or new. if it is in good shape and working order it might be worth about that or $100. it just depends on the condition.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
If it's been sitting in the truck for that long, you'll prolly need to ovrhaul it and clean out the old gas. Fair value is $75-$100 for it used.

Gunner

Reaction score
unless you really know what your doing i would stay away from it. MANUAL CHOKE is a pain in the **** if you are going to be doing so offroading on hills and steep inclines. if you arent on top of the choke get ready to stall out or burn to rich. either one sucks when you are knee deep in the mud sitting in a truck that just stalled out and wont start again. but hey that is my opnion. but then again if you can get it for $75 then just go and replace the choke with a good old electric. i love that electric choke. only problem i seen so far was if it hasnt been started for a while the choke will seize up. just work it loose by hand then everything is gravy.

Seabronc

Reaction score
You can get a rebuild kit for around 80 bucks and at any shop that sells Holly carbs you can buy a new automatic choke assembly $???. Rebuildg a Holly is no problem, the only thing you want to watch is in the replacement of the Idle speed valves, read the instructions carefully.

All that said, give him 50 - 75 bucks. A 4bbl Holly at Auto Zone for 175? Does that include the throttle body for the vehicle it is going to be installed on? If so, WOW.

Most Holly carbs I have seen rebuilt or new that include the throttle body run in the $200 - $350 range.

:-"

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23