Hey Guys, Some Questions, And Some Ideas..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nulloutput

Reaction score
ok so heres the deal....

Ive got an 87 f150

its got a 5.0 ** and a 4 speed manual

is this transmission as crummy as it feels, or is it just mine?

what model is it?

ok so a friend has given me a freshly built 300 and 3 speed manual which im putting in

i know if your going from a 300 to a v8 you need those tower things, right?

well, logic tells me that i dont need them if im going the other way, since they must be there already.

am i totally wrong?

does anyone know anything about these older 3 speeds, im told its out of a 67 f100

its short and was a coloum shift, who made these? whats it called?

since im asking all these questions, what type of pressure do my fuel pumps put out?

ive got EFI in the truck now, and im swapping to a carb....

Seabronc

Reaction score
Your fuel pressure is too high for a carb. You should have two pumps, one in the tank and one on the frame. The 300 most likel.y had a mechanical pump on it. I would eliminate the electric pumps and use the one on the engine.

Haven't heard any complaints with the transmissions in the 87's, so I'd guess yours is probably going bad.

Not sure what you are talking about, "tower things". Could that be the intake on the 5.0 you are talking about? or are you talking about the computer? If is's the computer, you certainly won't need that for a carbed engine. You could use a duraspark II system.

Don't know what to tell you about the 6, other than the 300 isn't a shabby engine. Lots of torque.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23