Hey All!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Natron

Reaction score
Hey all-

Nice site, been checking it out for advice for a while. I've got a '95 white (yes, EXACTLY like OJ's) Bronco with a 5.8L, entirely stock except Rancho shocks and a K&N filter. I'm about to buy 33" tires to put on it and would appreciate any stories from those who have done this already. Additionally, if you guys know of cheap bolt on engine mods that you have had a good experience with I'd appreciate it. My budget is limited, as are my axels, but my time is not. Thanks for any advice!

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
If the suspension isn't worn out 33" tires might fit, its tough to answer due to slight size differences between manufacturers. The rear isn't a problem. I went with a 1" lift coil up front which is for snow plow use (extra weight). I thought they might be stiff but the ride quality semed to be the same as stock but lifted 1". Due to the TTB front axle I had to install ball joint shims to correct the castor which is easy and cheap. If you don't want to do a suspension lift or body lift, just cut the fenders a bit and put on some aftermarket fender flairs to cover the cuts. Plus with the wide 33x12.50 tires on there you will want some protection from mud and rocks scratching the paint. Oh I also went with trailmaster shocks since they are soft to keep the ride quality same as stock with the stiffer Superlift 1" coil for snowplow weight. It actually leveled the Bronco. Here's an old photo with 35's, 1" coil lift and 3" body and I trimmed the fenders and added flairs.

1989br_1.jpg

OP
OP
N

Natron

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Broncoholics - very nice looking with 35's. I'm still considering wether or not to go with a 4" lift from Bronco Graveyard (4" standard lift kit) which sells for about $450. Hear anything about this kit? Looks like it's done right, but I'll still need shocks. I figure I'll go with the 33" tires, and install the lift as needed.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Howdy & Welcome to Bronco Zone!!! I would feel better if you put a 4" suspension lift on the Bronco with those 33's. Yes, you can fit them on a stock ride, but may need to trim the fenders or front bumper and will have limited room for flex or wheel travel. With the lift, you don't have to worry so much about clearance and can have more fun offroad, plus the kit may actually ride better than the stock suspension. I believe the JBG kit is a Superlift brand, and it's good quality.

OP
OP
N

Natron

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice. I purchased BFG MTs 33x10.5" - I didn't realize BFG made a 33" tire at that wijdth. I originally was going with the Goodyear MTRs, but 33" 12.5's would have rubbed on my inner radius arms. I had an '84 Bronco with 31"X11.5" Goodyear MTs and they rubbed inside, but nowhere else. I'll post how these fit in a couple of days when they arrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23