Heavy Duty Starter Solenoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-Co Kid

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've done the electric fan upgrade (https://www.broncozone.com/threads/gradually-rising-temperature.24407/post-128016); a reminder to give a BIG thank you to Seabronc and to everyone who contributed to my cause.
Well, the Hayden electric fan controller has failed, and I plan to install a different fan controller; my question is, can the heavy duty solenoid, used in the circuit (hyperlinked thread above), be re-purposed in place of the starter solenoid that is mounted to the passenger fender well??

I'm well aware of how Ford/Aftermarket starter solenoids fail, and, my line of thinking is, maybe this heavy duty solenoid might last longer/forever! And, since it's being deleted from my new electric fan controller circuit, hopefully it can be used elsewhere. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

>B-Co Kid

OP
OP
B-Co Kid

B-Co Kid

Reaction score
Not sure what happened; trying again:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've done the electric fan upgrade (https://www.broncozone.com/threads/gradually-rising-temperature.24407/post-128016); a reminder to give a BIG thank you to Seabronc and to everyone who contributed to my cause.
Well, the Hayden electric fan controller has failed, and I plan to install a different fan controller; my question is, can the heavy duty solenoid, used in the circuit (hyperlinked thread above), be re-purposed in place of the starter solenoid that is mounted to the passenger fender well??

I'm well aware of how Ford/Aftermarket starter solenoids fail, and, my line of thinking is, maybe this heavy duty solenoid might last longer/forever! And, since it's being deleted from my new electric fan controller circuit, hopefully it can be used elsewhere. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

>B-Co Kid

One thing I have noticed on the solenoids is (ESPECIALLY IF THEY HAVE BEEN SITTING A LITTLE WHILE) is to take the battery terminal off . Then unbolt the solenoid fron the inner fender and clean the backing on the solenoid--terminals and mounting area where it mounts onto.Really good. Also take the starter off and clean the bell-houseing area and back where the starter mounts onto the bell houseing .

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke