Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldog99

Reaction score
Hey Everyone Im trying to make some upgrades to my 92 bronco XLT and i have tried a couple things to improve my lights in the front. for one thier all yellowish so im buying some new crystal clear ones and 2nd i bought some hilite 7000k xeon light bulbs and it really didnt do much of anything but change the light from looking some what yellowish to white didnt really get any brighter... so if anyone knows how i can change my lights from being kinda dim to really bright like the newer trucks have i would greatly apperciate it...

Thanks for everyones help

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
It may not be the bulb, but the wiring. The amount of juice the wires are ptuuing out may not be good anymore.

SleeperStyle

Reaction score
a lot of newer trucks are using new techs like HID (high Intensity Discharge) and Projector beams for their lighting which i personally think would look ridiculous on a Bronco, but they do make them. The crystal clear housings are a start and the bulbs sound good, but i think that sylvania silverstars still burn hotter and brighter then that (could be wrong). Wiring is defenatly an option you should at for two reasons. one being that he was right and wires do tend to go bad and can corrode from the inside out causeing less conductivity. a second reason is just because if you upgrade the bulb it can pull more current and burn a lot hotter which is fully capable of melting your pigtail or causeing more damage. Unfortunatly i have seen it happen many times and espeacially when using cheaper bulbs. sometimes saving a buck isn't worth saving. be sure to pick up some di-eletric grease while your at it...just a reminder that people over look. :)>-

Yardape

Reaction score
The guy I bought my Bronco from had installed those so called hotter/brighter headlights. They melted the headlights out of the truck so to speak, they do not lock into place anymore, that whole section was melted away. I have it fixed now but was a pain in the A@@!!! I focus on auxillary lighting now, will not touch those headlight gimicks, Love my truck too much to watch it burn.

Billings Lee

Billings Lee
Reaction score
check all the connections i had the same problem on my over head lights and the ground was just a little loose and that solved it.

SleeperStyle

Reaction score
The guy I bought my Bronco from had installed those so called hotter/brighter headlights. They melted the headlights out of the truck so to speak,
:blink: seen it all too much. somepeople just don't realize it. i hate it more because we seel them and people don't listen to my warning. even had one kid not listen to me when i told him not to touch the bulb. although this is mostly just a tale, on these though it has merit. saw a civic that it ended up blowing out its lens. don't know what the **** the kid did to it.

ocalabronco

Reaction score
sylvania silverstars. my 14 yr old bronco has as bright of headlights as my 3 yrd old superduty. the sylvanias actually project a truly white light, not yellow like so many bulbs do. and dont waste your money on the blue headlights, they are *** and and **** donkey balls

Seabronc

Reaction score
Do a head light wiring upgrade, the problem is generally caused by two sources; long electrical path and poor connections. Poor gounding is a common source of problems. Doing the headlight wiring upgrade puts power directly from the battery to the headlights and uses the original circuit to pick relays for high and low intensity. You can get a kit from numerous places or build it yourself. If you build it yourself, use #12 or #10 ga for the supply line and # 12 to each headlight. It will take those two Pi$$ holes in the snow to Super novas.

Here is a good write up on how to build it http://ford.off-road.com/ford/article/arti...l.jsp?id=198401

good luck,

:)>-

AK47

Reaction score
Do a head light wiring upgrade, the problem is generally caused by two sources; long electrical path and poor connections. Poor gounding is a common source of problems. Doing the headlight wiring upgrade puts power directly from the battery to the headlights and uses the original circuit to pick relays for high and low intensity. You can get a kit from numerous places or build it yourself. If you build it yourself, use #12 or #10 ga for the supply line and # 12 to each headlight. It will take those two Pi$$ holes in the snow to Super novas.

Here is a good write up on how to build it http://ford.off-road.com/ford/article/arti...l.jsp?id=198401

good luck,

:)>-
sometimes the headlight covers get dirt and other things that fade them and make them look yellow when u have ur lights on but there are some chemicals u can buy that u rube on them and wipe off that clear the lense i cant remember what it is called though hope that helps some

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj