head scratchin turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
My neighbors 01 Sport Trac had the right front turn signal out. The rear was fine. He changed the bulb, still no light, so he had me look. I checked for power at the socket, found none!.....Ok wiring problem............BUT NO! I noticed the right turn indicator on the dash was not lighting either. So I chnged the relay and problem solved.....for 1 day.....Then no right front signal again. Changed the flasher. Everything worked good again.....for about an hour.

Now I just don't have a clue. I know someone out there has some insight....so HELP! I need to sleep again.....

Seabronc

Reaction score
Possibility of a high resistance short causing a higher than normal current draw and fusing the contacts in the flasher. That is as opposed to a dead short that would blow a fuse. Best I can do without a wiring diagram to look at other possibilities. Look for a partial rub through of the wire that goes to the light. Check where the wire passes through metal.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Rons beast

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
here is the update.

The tilt steering column pinches a wire and causes a minor short. If the column is tilted all the way up the signals work fine. Remove the column cover and reinsulate the wire.

There has also been a recall on the switch, but don'tknow the details yet. I will post them when i find out more.

Hope this helps others with the same problem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj