Head bolts and approximate weight of head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

winger4647

Reaction score
Are the head bolts re-useable or should new ones be purchased if changing the head gasket? Anyone have a rough idea how much the complete weighs?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Like Miesk Said, if you don't see any damage on them use them.

Those old school headbolts are not like the new torque to yeild bolts. They can be used quite a few times.

I don't know the weight but they are heavy. i would crawl up in the engine compartment to lift it off. Nothing wrong with sing a cherry picker if you have one. takes longer but easier on your body.

OP
OP
winger4647

winger4647

Reaction score
Like Miesk Said, if you don't see any damage on them use them.

Those old school headbolts are not like the new torque to yeild bolts. They can be used quite a few times.

I don't know the weight but they are heavy. i would crawl up in the engine compartment to lift it off. Nothing wrong with sing a cherry picker if you have one. takes longer but easier on your body.
I do have a cherry picker but unsure where to connect that I don't do any damage. Any experience connecting?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane