Getting a 1985 Bronco that doesn't run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Renovo

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am finally getting a 1985 bronco to my house hopefully tomorrow. It doesn't run, but according to the former owner the engine should be fine, it just needs a diff and a drive line. But there is a dif sitting in the front seat right now... so I guess it just really needs a drive line. The interior is pretty moldy, and needs at least a good cleaning. There's some paint chipping and a bit of rust, but it looks to be mostly/all on the surface. 

This purchase has actually been about 6 years in the making. Two jobs ago, one of my closest friends at that job offered to sell it to me and get it running again so we would have a fun project to work on together. We were both from oregon but working in california. I moved back to Oregon a year or two later, before we could get it running. But my friend had some property he would come up to take care of in Oregon, so I would help him out whenever he was back and we stayed pretty close. He wanted to build a shop on his property in oregon, so he towed the bronco up a few years back so we could work on it up here. Sadly, he passed away in an accident last year, but his family was kind enough to honor the deal we had. So finally I will be towing it to my house soon and I'm going to get it running again in his honor. It's going to be interesting, because I don't know too much about working on cars.

Anyways... Excited to join the community! Can't wait to get my bronco running again.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Brett,

Welcome!

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend. We can help you get it back on the road so it epitomizes  your friendship and his family will remember it.

To begin with;

1985 Bronco Dealer Brochure via Gary @ 1985 Bronco - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (partial) via Gary @
1985 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/axle-ratios.htm

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Gary @ 1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

80-86 Bronco Differences by Gary @ 1980 - 86 Ford Trucks - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Fasteners & Illustrations by Gary @ Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Free registration for Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96), same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

Looking forward to seeing pics!  See Click to choose files below, left with the paperclip icon.

Al 

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am finally getting a 1985 bronco to my house hopefully tomorrow. It doesn't run, but according to the former owner the engine should be fine, it just needs a diff and a drive line. But there is a dif sitting in the front seat right now... so I guess it just really needs a drive line. The interior is pretty moldy, and needs at least a good cleaning. There's some paint chipping and a bit of rust, but it looks to be mostly/all on the surface.

This purchase has actually been about 6 years in the making. Two jobs ago, one of my closest friends at that job offered to sell it to me and get it running again so we would have a fun project to work on together. We were both from oregon but working in california. I moved back to Oregon a year or two later, before we could get it running. But my friend had some property he would come up to take care of in Oregon, so I would help him out whenever he was back and we stayed pretty close. He wanted to build a shop on his property in oregon, so he towed the bronco up a few years back so we could work on it up here. Sadly, he passed away in an accident last year, but his family was kind enough to honor the deal we had. So finally I will be towing it to my house soon and I'm going to get it running again in his honor. It's going to be interesting, because I don't know too much about working on cars.

Anyways... Excited to join the community! Can't wait to get my bronco running again.
Welcome to the club. Sorry to hear about your friend. The people hear are really good about healping. With just about any problem(s) you may have with your bronco. Good luck and be careful.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar