full size axles in a early bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69bronc347

Reaction score
i have recently aquired a 79 bronco was thinking about, swapping the full size axles into my 69 bronco, i have done a little research and found that eb 44 is about 60 from wms and the full size is 66, which is 6 inches wider. that puts my tires out 3inches further on each side, which doesnt sound like a lot, but it will make it more stable and stronger. my question is has any one done it, do you have any pictures, would like your thoughts and ideas. i also have a set of wheels less back spacing which would bring the tires in a little further, but i would like to see it before i do it, also gonna take the steering box out and make the 4x4x2 conversion

OP
OP
69bronc347

69bronc347

Reaction score
its a cold sun of a gun, been snowing like crazy. you'll gain 31 spline axlws and the big bearings, not to mention bigger brakes, i believe the full size axles have larger rear brakes, and i said the wrong thing i meant more backspacing, what do you think i should doabout where the springs mount, should i get new c's for the axle. because if i mount them where they are, the springs will be at a angle, the c's are out 3 inches further on each side? if i cut the old ones off i dont think i will be able to salvage them. any ideas will help thanks

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
"....what do you think i should do about where the springs mount,...?"

IMHO.., I'm not the one to ask 'cause, if it were me., I wouldn't mess with sucess.

You already have gears & lockers... for a few $$$ & little work, you could beef up what you have. (44)

If you feel the need for big bearings, you could get a whole BB rear axle for 1/4 the $$ time & labor.

Hopefully some other ideas will chime in....

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
I would do some reaserch on the full size axles I have seen lots online, or you could narrow the front and rear and get the same results. Stick out of the tires with out body rub on stuff, depends on your trails.

BBB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23