Fuel Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87Bronco351

Reaction score
Ok, to start, my 1987 Bronco's fuel gauge did not work so i dropped the tank pulled the sending unit and found that the float was rotted out, so i got a new one and replaced it. Before i put it all back together i cleaned the rust off the bottom (has the skid plate) and painted it. i set it off to the side to dry and when i grabbed it there was a wet spot on the ground. so i found a pinhole. So now i have a new PLASTIC fuel tank. so now i put it alll back together with the new float and all, and my fuel gauge still does not work. but the tricky part is that before i started the fuel gauge always said empty, now with the new parts it always says that i have a full tank. i am wondering if i should run a ground wire from the frame to my sending unit because it is a plastic tank and all, or do i need a new sending unit????? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls