For Everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRONCO JIM

Reaction score
HI EVERYONE,I M NEW TO THIS BUT LAST WEEK I READ UP ON OTHER OWNERS PROBLEMS,AND FOUND THAT MANY WERE MINE. I HAVE A 89 FS EDDIE BOW. IN GREAT SHAPE,BUT ALAS IT IS A BRONCO AND WITH IT COMES DAILY PAIN. NOW,MINE HAD THE TAILGATE NO OPEN KEY OR SWITCH,ALSO AFTER WARMUP WHEN I PUT IT IN DRIVE THE OLI PRESS,WOULD CLICK TO ZERO,AND ENGINE LIGHT WOULD ACTIVATE. AFTER TWO DAYS SITTING,BATTERY WAS DEAD,DEAD DEAD .

GOT INTO WIRING HARNESS AT L.SIDE TAILGATE,FOUND TWO BROKEN WIRES,AND ONE PARTIALLY STRIPPED IF INSULATION. FIXED THESE,AND ALSO GOT INTO L.TAILLIGHT AND CLEANED THE TWO CONNECTING PLUGS THIS FIXED ALL PROBLEMS,NO MORE DEAD BATT,NO MORE OIL PRESS.DROP WHEN PLACING IN GEAR,WINDOW WORKS AS NEW. I AM AMAISED. GOT ALOT OF IDEAS FROM READING OTHER MEMBERS PROBLEMS,THANKYOU TO ALL,AND JUST AN AFTER THOUGHT,YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK WIRES LEAVING THE TAIL LIGHT UNDER T

HE FRAME FROM THE REAR OF THE WHEEL WELL. OTHER PROBLEMS,E ME OR WRITE BACK,I VE HAD ALOT AND WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP

BRONCO JIM

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Welcome to the B Zone!

I'm glad to hear you were able to fix your problems with our advice.

The advice I give is from my own problems and fixes over the last 4 years and probably the best investment I put into my FSB, a dealership shop manual I ordered from Ford.

Ford did build a great truck with the Bronco but the electrical system leaves a bit to be desired.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Good info!!! I kept blowing fuses for my tailights everytime I hit the brakes. Found a wire touching the leaf springs and shorting out. Fixxed that and used some zipties to secure it, and no more problems!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23