Floor Pans!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonehead

Reaction score
Hey guys Got started on the 76er with the dash removal, it went smoother than I thought, but one thing does lead to another and well now I have the windsheild off installing new glass ,heater assy out for new seals,ductwork...floorpans have been cut out My question is can I install new pans over the old Pans considering whats left, or is better to cut old out and then install new.Also would like to know will it be best to mig the metal back in or should I invest in a spot welder.Thanks Bonehead

STLKIKN

Reaction score
If you own the mig,check into buying the spot weld tip for it...

Doing a resto it will come in handy.

Reaction score
I had bad rust right under the pedals on my 74. I ordered the drivers side pan from Duff. It had no ribbing. I cut out the rust and covered the rest with Rust-mort, which oxidizes the rust and seals the metal. I tacked the new pan over the old one after trimming it to accomidate the body mount hole and fuel tank selector. Then, I took a can of expanding insulation and filled the space between the two pans. It has been in place for about 7 years and has had no problems due to body flex or the elements. Hope that helps. have fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK