Finally got back on the bronco today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Its basicly done now,took it to a suspension shop to have the new balljoints and rear springs installed. I stopped by to see how much I owe them and is looking good so I will be picking it up tomorrow morning and will post some pics then.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Picked me up a mint tailgate today,mine is a little rusty on the bottom so I grabbed it. I had to give 250 for it which I hear is good but wishing I could have gotten the aftermarket tailgate that I was promised for 50 dollars,I was told that tailgate had been accidently destroyed but I am thinking someone came along and offered more even though the seller quoted me the cheap price and was not me beating him down on the price.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Been chasing a burning smell and found out its the rear end,along with the burning smell I also could smell gear **** so I found the rear end gets too hot to touch so something is wrong. It always had a excessive clunk so when it got the 2wd trans I pulled the cover and seen nothing obvious but now that I think of it the ring gear was a odd color,I got another rear end located and will get it in soon.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Picked up another rear end today but going to have a new pinion seal installed by a someone who knows what they are doing before installing it.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
The new rear end is in and broke the E brake adjuster so I will have to look for another,I looked on LMCs website and that thing is expensive. 40 for the adjuster and 14 for the nut so its back to the junkyard the rear end came from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23