Finally got back on the bronco today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
I am working on it outside and it stopped raining so I got some work done to it today,the clips for the door panels came in so they went back on and I took off the spare tire carrier and it looks so much better now so I will need to look for the inside mounting brackets. Last weekend I picked up the F150 front suspension and 2wd AOD for the 2wd swap and if it stops raining I will start tearing into it.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
If it ever quits raining I might be able to work on it,found a inside spare tire carrier and the 2wd front suspension is ready to install but I have to work on it outside so all I am doing is waiting.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
I am in Ohio and its been raining for the last couple months and would be happy to say we did not have any in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
After I get the bronco done and my 66 F250 painted I think I will start looking for a drier place to live,New Mexico and Arizona are looking good right now.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Sorry to report not much has been done but now that the ground is dry it will be going behind the garage for the transformation,I had to get a junk truck out of the way before the bronco went in the back yard and its gone so now time to get to work.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
The front suspension has been changed but that is as far as I got,I did pick up some dropped beams and a axle flip kit but I will have to do some serious frame work to get the axle flip to work so I ordered lowered rear springs that will get it down 2 to 3 inches so that will be good enough for now. After the rear springs go in the 2wd trans will get swapped in and then will get a exhaust.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Decided against the dropped beams and flip kit for now and ordered lowered rear springs and hope to get them installed next week,been on vacation all week and hitting up the junkyards and found a saginaw p/s pump and brackets from a late 80s van that is for a serpentine belt so that will go on soon after I get new hoses.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
I got the 66 F250 painted and my 55 sunliner ready for the trip to Florida tomorrow so the bronco is in the garage for the winter and hope to get it ready by spring,I will be installing the new rear springs and removing the trans and transfer case and replacing them with a 2wd AOD. It looks like the pump in the tank is bad so while its in the garage it will be replaced along with the valve cover gaskets and then its time for a front end alignment and two tires on the front,I decided against the dropped beams and axle fip for now but might do it later as the 66 f250 needs to be finished this winter too.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Tonight I started to change the rear springs and looks like they are going to give me a fight,I will have to remove the trailer hitch so I can drive the rear bolts out.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Going to give up on the springs until I can work outside as the garage is a little too narrow with another car in it so I will put a new fuel pump in the tank and install the 2wd trans,I picked up the parts to do a saginaw p/s pump swap so it will go in as the p/s cooler is leaking and will get new hoses too.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
New pump is in and working and after I refill the rear end its time to get rid of the transfer case and change the trans,I pulled the cover off the rear end since the vent hose was broken off and I needed to see if it was full of water but was not. I will get on the trans swap next week and after that is done I will change the valve cover gaskets and do the saginaw p/s pump swap.

Bronc76

Reaction score
Like most of us on here, sounds like you got too many projects at once, do you have any pics of the '66?

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
I do have some pics of the 66 after it got some paint on it and will look into posting some,when I dropped the tank on the bronco the wires to the pump were smashed between the skid plate and frame and looked to have been done when it was assembled as the tank looked to have never been off and suprised the gauge and pump worked from day one. Here is one picture of the 66

001 (2).JPG

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Dropped the transfer case tonight and will drop the trans tomorrow and maybe get the 2wd trans back in,noticed a freeze plug leaking on the drivers side and would have to remove the exhaust manifold to do it so it will wait for a later date since I am thinking about shorty headers and will get them before I yank the manifold. The studs in both manifolds will break so no sense in doing that job untill I get some headers.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Trans is out and some how agrivated my back so I am going to take it easy for a couple days before installing the 2wd trans,I think scooting around on the creeper was worse then laying on the floor.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Sorry to hear about your back. Been there...done that. I found thick cardboard is better than the creeper. Hurt my back tryig to stabilize myself, and keep the creeper from "creeping".

The good news, with the holidays here, there should be lots of big boxes available at the curbs.

Heal fast, Dude

Happy Holidays

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
Got the trans in tonight but it looks like I will need a 2wd trans crossmember and I broke the fuel resivour so it looks like there will be a trip to the junkyard soon.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno