Fan clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Country

Reaction score
OK I have seen some of the old posts on replacing a fan clutch but they didn't say muchl, plus I swear I just posted this but it doesn't seem to be there. Anyway, I am replacing one and I wanted to make sure that the Hanes Manual as far as you guys can tell, explains enought info on how to replace this SOB. I think this might be the last of my over heating problem along with a radiator flush, I should be good to go. Oh, and I put some Head gasket stop leak and it hasn't leaked a drop out of there since, no sizzle no nothing. How long do you think that will last if I don't over heat anymore?

alfie

Reaction score
This is good b.c. because I can pay you back for your help. The fan clutch replacement was pretty easy, the only issue is that you will need some type of strap wrench to hold onto the pully it is bolted onto while you put a wrench (most likely adjustable since the end is rather large) onto the clutch. Also be aware that it is reverse threaded so it is the opposite you have to turn right to loosen and left to tighten. I changed mine out about a yr ago but it turned out that my overheating problem was the water pump about to go, so recently changed the water pump out. If you need more info let me know i have the haynes manual and can type in the steps for you. Still waiting on my starter relay in the mail..... takes a bit to get to the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph