Engine Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scubachris

Reaction score
Thanks for the great advice on the interior. I am getting ready to bring it in to get the engine rebuilt, vacuum lines changed, and the carburetor rebuilt. Should I change anything else while the engine is out?

AdamDude04

Reaction score
While the engien is out.. just change out everything.

Also in the engine bay, sand everything down and apply a new sealer to help fight rust for years to come. Also if you can, re-do the brake lines to stainless steel thread..works much better than rubber hose.

OP
OP
scubachris

scubachris

Reaction score
Brakes are already done. I had to do them to pull my boat. I've got someone who will rebuild the motor because I don't have the space to do it. So I figured to just put new equipment in, along with a wiring harness.

zintrex

Reaction score
well i just finished a engine rebuild and i also did theese things:

complete fluid change, trans, power steering, brakes.

all filters changed, i took a power washer and cleaned the engine bay real good,and made shure any starting rust taht is gonna be hard to reach with the engine inside was dealt with.

also a small tip, since the engine is out, take teh time and go over anything that ya can get to easy now but that are hard to reach with the engine is in.

you are gonna be cursing urself if ya in 6 months have to do anything that is real hard, and remember how easy it coud have been when the engine was out.

OP
OP
scubachris

scubachris

Reaction score
I wish I had a place to do this myself. Unfortunately, I don't have the space or tools. But while the engine is getting reworked, I was planning on changing as much as possible. So after than engine, front end, tranny, 4x4 system etc. Long process, but I think it will be worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coueshunter