E4OD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
i just rebuilt my C6 and am reluctant to get a new tranny already but i am tired of the extremely wide range 1st gear in the c6. i have been researching the E4OD and i was wondering if it would fit my 78' 351M

FireWeb13

Reaction score
I actually have asked that question in reverse... i wanted to swap the e4od with a c6 from a 79 f150 into my 95 bronco... the answer i got was no... it wont work... the bolt patterns on the tranny bellhousings are different.... and plus the e4od is computer controlled while the c6 is not.

Yardape

Reaction score
That's is correct it won't fit. What do you mean your sick of the wide range of 1st gear? If its lower gears your after why not change gears in the diff?

OP
OP
Red Green Jr

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
My first gear goes up to 30 mph so I have almost no low end torque. I dont want to get new diff gears to increase torque because I dont want to sacrifice my top end speed. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this dilemma?

Last edited by a moderator:

Leadsled

Reaction score
My first gear goes up to 30 mph so I have almost no low end torque. I dont want to get new diff gears to increase torque because I dont want to sacrifice my top end speed. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this dilemma?

My advice would be to do some engine work to make up for the lack of low end torque. 30 really isnt that fast if your hitting redline.

Yardape

Reaction score
The only other option I can this of is either a doubler transfer case or an Atlas from advance adapters. You could gain a small amount of what your looking for by swapping in a manual tranny.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
The E4OD will fit in your truck you just have to get one from a 460 truck and then get the stand alone controller from baumann engineering and youll be all set so whoever told you that it wouldnt work is wrong . WOuld be a great upgrade when done :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yardape

Reaction score
I was not aware that there was a 460 e4od in 4 wheel drive. Ive seen them in motorhomes but thats it. I have only every seen them with C6 transmissions. Or manuals of course. I looked it up and that is in fact true, good catch Blade.

Yardape

Reaction score
Ive blown them to pieces with small blocks, didnt think they would hold up to the power of the all mighty 460. Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23