E-brake Stuck On?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sorny

Reaction score
I haven't driven my Bronc in about 4 days cause I broke by toe and foot. So Yesterday I want out for a bit to eat and I noticed my truck was slowing down fast when I was deacelerating, but I didn't think much of it. Today when I want to take it up town I put it in gear and it didn't want to move forward easily, and it would move backwards easier. When I try moving it forward it seems like the brakes are on, and you can hear them rubbing. Has one one had this happen? Anyone know whats wrong?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Check the condition to the emergency brake cables, they may be rusted and sticking.

A lead to the switch may be broken. They get flexed a lot where they go thru between the door and chassis. I've had that problem on older trucks, how many times can you flex a wire before it breaks any way? It takes a bit of trouble shooting and a good diagram of the circuit to trouble shoot unless you are just lucky and find it visually.

If you don't already have one, I would suggest getting a EVTM for your truck. It is the best trouble shooting document you can get for electrical problems. I see them on ebay from time to time. May also be still available from Ford.

Good luck, :)>-

OP
OP
S

Sorny

Reaction score
Yeah the problem was the ebrake cables. They got stuck on and they over heated my rear brakes causing them to crack and sease up in the drum, so i had to get all new shoes and ebrake cables.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948