dual exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabronc

Reaction score
If you go out the back, atleast use tips that aim it down or you will probably get a lot of exhaust in the truck. The main reason for going out the side behind the wheels, is to keep it out of the way when going over obsticals off road.

Good luck,

:)>-

ocalabronco

Reaction score
out the sides. out the back, no matter where the tips are pointed, will result in "station wagonning", or fumes coming back into the truck, especially with the rear window down.

tompa00

Reaction score
i have a question. what about having tips come out the sides in front of the rear tires? how bout that?

Seabronc

Reaction score
out the sides. out the back, no matter where the tips are pointed, will result in "station wagonning", or fumes coming back into the truck, especially with the rear window down.
26585[/snapback]

Unless you have one of these with the angle adjusted right.

100_0190a.jpg

ocalabronco

Reaction score
but does the original poster have one? doubtful

and tompa, you can run the pipes out in front of the tires, but it takes some tricky pipe bending to get it around the frame so it doesnt hinder ground clearance

1nfinity

Reaction score
I dualled my '85 to the side, and I rarely if ever get exhaust back in. Ground clearance is maintained, and I am very happy with it. So my recommendation is for to the side behind the tire.

srm148

Reaction score
I have had mine both ways. out the back and out the side. it didnt matter, with the window down, I still got fumes. just part of the air flow I guess. good luck!

Pepper

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm trying to figure out how to do this but I own two bronco 2's myself.

mbtech2003

Reaction score
hi i think cherry bomb makes a cheep kit from their vortex line of mufflers. should be available from most local parts stores. ie autozone. here's an pic of one of their kits

300638.jpg :wacko:

me i'm gonna get a new 50 series flowmaster muffler and have a local exhaust shop bend the pipes for me the way i want them to look and exit.

broncobrian

Reaction score
i put true duel 40 series flowmasters on my 89 bronco. i went straight back w/ them. i love it because not many people have it, but when you put the back window down fumes come in.

brian

85_bronco_302

Reaction score
what sounds best out of a 302 duals, with mufflers to 4'' tips or pure straight pipe to 4'' tips?

86monster

Reaction score
I've had it both ways and you're always going to smell the exhaust. I moved them out from behind the tires b/c i kept ruining my tips with rocks being thown up off the tires. I would strongly suggest going out the back, if you use your bronco.

good luck.

bidibronco

Reaction score
I have my exhaust coming just before the back tires and I'm not running any type of muffler. Just strait pipes! I do get fumes in the truck when the back is down but as long as you keep the front two windows down as well, you don't get fumed as bad. The thing I don't like about where my pipes are, I get a whole bunch of cab noise from it.

4x4ever

Reaction score
I've got my duals comming out the sides. I think it looks sportier when they come out the back. It looks good on racing applications, like with a roll pan. But it all comes down to personal preference, and if you wanna choke the guy next to you or behind you with your exhaust.

85_bronco_302

Reaction score
ya i think i'm going to go ahead and do mine out the back i think it would look awesome, i might just go with straight pipe down the road in the future tough for a nice powerful sound

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23