Doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burns

Reaction score
My window motor died on me, and the replacements don't fit. Now, I have an 89 truck, with sport mirrors. The parts computer says that the motor is the same from 80-96, but it doesn't fit; the motor's boltholes are about 1/4" out too far to bolt to the regulator. Anyone know what might be going on here?

On a side note, how difficult would it be to replace the entire door? Aside from the window motor issue, the little **** for the vent window broke off, and it doesn't lock, and since it doesn't lock it doesn't seal all the way, making it noisy. Plus, I'd rather have both doors with the sport mirrors (powered or not, right now they aren't) and I don't care if the door's a different color. Will a door from a 92-96 fit on an 89? I know doing a front end swap needs more than just a good and grill change to fit, does that extend to doors as well? Thanks.

OP
OP
B

Burns

Reaction score
If all's that's different is the vent window, I'm good. I just want a doors with the same mirrors both sides and vent windows that lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK