Door lock switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keeprollling

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem of not being able to lock or unlock the door locks from the drivers side and only being able to lock from the passenger side. I have checked the fuses and they are all good, I have unplugged and replugged the switches and still the problem remains.

OP
OP
keeprollling

keeprollling

Reaction score
Steve83 said:
The fault could be in either lock switch. Some people disassemble & attempt to repair them, but they're delicate inside. I suggest buying ONE replacement switch. Install it on the driver's side. If the symptom is unchanged, put the old driver's switch on the passenger side.
It's possible to test the switches before buying a replacement (which is my usual recommendation), but it's difficult to explain, and I'm confident you need at least one replacement anyway.
I will try switching from the drivers to passenger as soon as get my truck back from the shop.

OP
OP
keeprollling

keeprollling

Reaction score
Steve83 said:
That won't have any effect; they're in series. Find a replacement.
door-locks.jpg
So what you are saying is that the problem might just be one faulty switch and replacing one, if that does not work the second one might be the one not functioning. So if that is the case I can use the one I took off first which should be a working switch and replace the second one with it.

Am I correct?

Would anyone happen to have one available? Its for a 92.

OP
OP
keeprollling

keeprollling

Reaction score
Steve83 said:
That won't have any effect; they're in series. Find a replacement.
door-locks.jpg
So what you are saying is that the problem might just be one faulty switch and replacing one, if that does not work the second one might be the one not functioning. So if that is the case I can use the one I took off first which should be a working switch and replace the second one with it.

Am I correct?

Would anyone happen to have one available? Its for a 92.

JCFindley

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem of not being able to lock or unlock the door locks from the drivers side and only being able to lock from the passenger side. I have checked the fuses and they are all good, I have unplugged and replugged the switches and still the problem remains.
Actually, my driver's side switch will unlock both doors but will only lock the passenger side. The passenger side switch locks and unlocks both, and since I have no door handle on the inside of the drivers door, I need to be able to unlock it so I can open it using the outside handle.

I treat it as a quirk; all real trucks should have a quirk or two.

JC

Bronco Jo

Reaction score
I had this happen on mine a while back, and went to our local O'reillys and they were $14 each. Pluged them in when i got home and now everything works fine, not for sure it will fix your problem, but its the same symptoms mine was having

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat