Does anyone have a 1986 EVTM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I'm looking for a schematic for the Stereo radio that was shipped with the 1986 Bronco. If you do, would you either photograph that page or scan it in and post it here.

Thanks,

:)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a schematic for the Stereo radio that was shipped with the 1986 Bronco. If you do, would you either photograph that page or scan it in and post it here.
Thanks,

:)>-
Fred, I know Chris B (Blue, bronco boy) has posted a few 86 Bronco EVTM pages on his telus site; suggest you contact him @ FSB and ask; he is a-ok as you probably know.

Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM) Partial, Bronco for 86; Speed Control, A/C, Heater Source: by Ford via Chris B (Blue, bronco boy) at telus.net

I did look thru all the pages, but no radio diagrams

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Here is a wiring diagram for a 1990 Bronco radio.

I am pretty sure that Blade262US has an 89 EVTM, I'm kinda surprised that no one has an '86 that is willing to scan on for you.

1990Radio.jpg

BTW.. Ground 100 is the left hand side of the radiator support.

With ignition switch ON fuse 11 give power to the radio

Fuse 8 is always on to give power to maintain memory for preset stations

Panel dimming is controlled but the instrument panel dimming switch. A variable voltage is applied throught the 19 (LB/R) wire to control the brightness of the panel lamps.

The display's brightness is controlled bu th emainlight switch. When the park lamps are turned on, battery voltage is applied to the radio through the 484 (O/BK) wire. Teh display will dim. When the park lamps are turned off, voltage is no longer reduced by the dimmer resistor and teh display will brighten.

For further DX one is referred to teh shop manual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23