Do I need new windshield wiper arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoFloBronco

Reaction score
Just bought new rainx wiper blades for my recently acquired bronco. Had our first rains since I bought it and the blades on both sides are missing an area in the middle of the blade towards the end of the wipe which is of course right where my line of sight is. When I installed them I realized that the arms are different. The drivers side is the hook type arm and the passengers is the pin type. Do you guys think this is because the wiper arm springs are worn out or a design flaw with the rainx blades? When I pull up on the arms the springs feel fairly strong but figured I would check here before buying something I don't need.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bought new rainx wiper blades for my recently acquired bronco. Had our first rains since I bought it and the blades on both sides are missing an area in the middle of the blade towards the end of the wipe which is of course right where my line of sight is. When I installed them I realized that the arms are different. The drivers side is the hook type arm and the passengers is the pin type. Do you guys think this is because the wiper arm springs are worn out or a design flaw with the rainx blades? When I pull up on the arms the springs feel fairly strong but figured I would check here before buying something I don't need.
Yo,
Ford advises
If the missing spots are within the area that is actually swept by the moving wiper blades, that means the spring tension on the arm is inadequate. Sometimes the spring that provides the tension will get rusty and sometimes the arm will bind, too, due to corrosion.
  • Check that wiper linkage is not bent, cracked or mispositioned from motor shaft.

Ask Rain X @ https://www.rainx.com/ask-us/contact-us/

Reaction score
they aint that expensive... just buy a matching pair... i just replaced the 1's on my 93... no big deal... miesk5... retired army... !!! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke