Divorced 205 in Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Ok gang got an idea. I have 9 inch suspension lift on the bronco. Years ago I made modified spring buckets that give me and additional 4 inches with 4 inch blocks in the rear. Worked great, EXCEPT for my rear driveshaft angle. So I took it off after killing the H yoke. So my new idea. Run a divorced 205, which will allow me to drop the case a bit and decrease the shaft angle. Now theres NOTHING I cant modify or fabricate. Obviously a divorced 205 out of a mid 70s highboy has it on a crossmember which it hangs on. No big deal. Now has anyone converted a married 205 to a divorced changing the input shaft assembly? I know theres some bearing issue with that. Ill shorten my rear shaft, lengthen the front and get one from the trans to the T case. Keep in mind my truck has a Cummins with a 727. I have coming a short tailshaft,housing and fixed yoke to change the 727 over. So no problem there. So wanted to see what y'alls experience is if any with this set up. The extra 4 inches makes a huge difference for me with clearance of my 44s in the front. Plus I like being higher. Haha. Thanks ahead Mike

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Y not puda correct * shims under the spring perches to twist the sucker up to the 2 - 3* required?
My axle already has been reclocked, I repositioned the spring perches. Anymore and the pinion will be wayyyy to high. The driveshaft is well with in its degrees with the 9 inch lift. But will be out with the additional 4 inches. From research online, this should work great for me. Im just gonna save and collect the parts over time.

Motech

Reaction score
The couple of times I've installed clockable adapter plates to swing TC lower to straighten out drivelines after lift install was a real game changer, and certainly would be an easier mod than adding fabbing divorced mounting in such a tight space (compared to Highboy)

Could something like this work for you?

1659426047936.png

Skyjacker Transfer Case Re-Indexing Ring - IXR20K

Don't know if that's correct app, but they would.

Or...

Now theres NOTHING I cant modify or fabricate.

'Nuff said. :cool:

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
The couple of times I've installed clockable adapter plates to swing TC lower to straighten out drivelines after lift install was a real game changer, and certainly would be an easier mod than adding fabbing divorced mounting in such a tight space (compared to Highboy)

Could something like this work for you?

View attachment 30251

Skyjacker Transfer Case Re-Indexing Ring - IXR20K

Don't know if that's correct app, but they would.

Or...

'Nuff said. :cool:
That would only affect the front output, not the rear output shaft. Im still deciding what to do at this point 😁

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ok gang got an idea. I have 9 inch suspension lift on the bronco. Years ago I made modified spring buckets that give me and additional 4 inches with 4 inch blocks in the rear. Worked great, EXCEPT for my rear driveshaft angle. So I took it off after killing the H yoke. So my new idea. Run a divorced 205, which will allow me to drop the case a bit and decrease the shaft angle. Now theres NOTHING I cant modify or fabricate. Obviously a divorced 205 out of a mid 70s highboy has it on a crossmember which it hangs on. No big deal. Now has anyone converted a married 205 to a divorced changing the input shaft assembly? I know theres some bearing issue with that. Ill shorten my rear shaft, lengthen the front and get one from the trans to the T case. Keep in mind my truck has a Cummins with a 727. I have coming a short tailshaft,housing and fixed yoke to change the 727 over. So no problem there. So wanted to see what y'alls experience is if any with this set up. The extra 4 inches makes a huge difference for me with clearance of my 44s in the front. Plus I like being higher. Haha. Thanks ahead Mike
Why don,t you just get a log skidder and put your cab on it.haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo