Disk Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dk6

Reaction score
After thirty years with the old truck I want to upgrade the beast with a front disk brake kit. I've been looking at the kits offered by Wild Horses 4X4. Anyone have experience with their product?

samo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have no experience yet but I have a 74 and I want to upgrade to discs in the front. So if you go that way please let us know the good and the bad. I was looking at a setup that sells on Ebay complete for 700.00 but I just am not ready to put out the money yet.

Thanks Samo

G

Guest_67eb_in_619

Shop for your own... save some $$$ 78 Chevy K-20 Calipers spindles and backing plates, bronco rotors, some lines and seals and youre done. Spindles and backing plates can be cleaned and used fine from a junkyard.. the calipers pull from the yard and use as cores to buy new ones from napa or something... you can easily save 200-300 bucks over buying a kit.

Sodfather

Reaction score
I did the chevy front disc conversoin and saved myself a couple hundred bucks by getting the parts from a junk yard. I will say that it is some times hard to find a 4x4 at the junk yards that hasn't been picked over.

Here is a LINK.

Another LINK

Another LINK

There are a ton of these out there try a google search.

Sodfather

Flash69

Reaction score
I did the conversion using the kit from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard.Real easy.All the parts are there.You dont need nothing else.600 and some odd dollars.Not bad for every thing all together.you dont have to dig thru junk.Most of the time if you go to the junk yard you bring junk home.

OP
OP
D

dk6

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replys. I have looked around my area for used parts but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth. I like the idea of everything being in the kit, new and clean. After talking to Wildhorses I'm thinking about adding a power booster and a 2.5" lift at the same time. I live about 3 hours from them and will take a trip up there next week. I'll keep you you all posted as to my experience with the project.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23