damn impulse purchases!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
okay so i was in advanced today with my girl getting a thing or two for her bike she's painting when i saw this thrush glasspack. i've been in the market for a muffler and i've heard that these are loud but i was like how loud could it be. it was on sale for like 30 bucks. i figured **** its only 30 bucks so i went ahead and bought it. so my question is before i put this thing on can anybody tell me exactly how loud its going to be?

Rednek

Reaction score
a glass pack is a muffler that basically triples the sound.

echoooooooo

yes glass packs are cheap!!!! but dam its the best way to make your truck sound BA withotu spending tons on a exhaust system

it will be very loud... especially when ya slow down... its a great sound...

Lonnie's 88custom

Reaction score
a glass pack is a muffler that basically triples the sound.echoooooooo

yes glass packs are cheap!!!! but dam its the best way to make your truck sound BA withotu spending tons on a exhaust system

it will be very loud... especially when ya slow down... its a great sound...
Soon you will find that you can't hold a conversation with anyone who is in the Bronco with you while the engine is running. LOL. Really though, to properly answer your question, much more needs to be learned about your truck. For example, do you still have the cats in? They will make a big difference. Headers? What is your current configuration? For $125.00 I had my entire tailpipe (from the cats down) replaced with custom 3" piping and added a nice Dynaflow muffler that is nice and quite but still sounds great.

Let us know what you've got and we'll try to assist.

Lonnie

B)

Lonnie's 88custom

Reaction score
I noticed you have "****** Headers w/ Aero-Chamber Exhaust". I would speculate that the cats are gone but, are you replacing the Aero Chamber with glasspacks? If so, and the cats are gone, it will be loud, at all RPMs.

black beauty

Reaction score
with no cat converter and only the glasspacks you will be noticeaboly loud. it wont be a low rumble like something from a flowmaster or any kind of 4 chambered muffler. its pretty much a straight flow thru exhaust component. your truck wont rumble it will be more like a roar, but a very good roar. for thirty bux you cant beat it and that 'roar' i talked about will sound great

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

they'll rust out within a year

If you need a long lasting exh; look for Walker aluminized mufflers and pipes at most stores; will be more $ but last for yesra; my 96's orig exh is still good; Walker makes exact fit and was prob one of orig suppliers for the Bronco...

Walker:

Tail Pipe 17.87

muffler 112.88 Advance Auto

INLET ID A:=2.25; SHELL DIAMETER B:=7; SHELL LENGTH C:=25; OAL LENGTH D:=29.25; OUTLET ID E:=2.25; INLET OFFSET F:=1.75; OUTLET OFFSET G:=1.75

they also make glasspacks; exact fit hangers, etc.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I'd like to throw in my 2 cents here.

Personally I think a loud muffler on an old truck makes it sound like an old truck that needs a muffler. It seems more often than not, its the kids who want them. The problem is that they attract negative attention by the general public, and law inforcement.

IMO loud rumbling mufflers on a muscle car is fine, because one expects a muscle car to sound a little rough around the edges, but again, an old bronco with a small v8 sounds like an old truck.

Now put them on a bronc with a 460 and a racing cam, that'd be a different story.

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
I noticed you have "****** Headers w/ Aero-Chamber Exhaust". I would speculate that the cats are gone but, are you replacing the Aero Chamber with glasspacks? If so, and the cats are gone, it will be loud, at all RPMs.
does it say somewhere that i've got ****** headers w/aero exhaust? it shouldnt, as of right now i've got a completely stock set up. no headers just stock manifolds and yes the cat is still there. i was just walking around advanced looking for something cheap i could put on the truck when i saw the glasspack. i've heard good things and bad about them before. i figured for thirty bucks if it was to loud i could always change it later. but now i'm wondering if its even worth the effort to put it on haha. i'm not one of those look at me and my truck kinda guys but i'm not happy with it sounding like every other truck on the road like it does now. somewhere in the middle is where i probably want to be.

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
does it say somewhere that i've got ****** headers w/aero exhaust? it shouldnt, as of right now i've got a completely stock set up. no headers just stock manifolds and yes the cat is still there. i was just walking around advanced looking for something cheap i could put on the truck when i saw the glasspack. i've heard good things and bad about them before. i figured for thirty bucks if it was to loud i could always change it later. but now i'm wondering if its even worth the effort to put it on haha. i'm not one of those look at me and my truck kinda guys but i'm not happy with it sounding like every other truck on the road like it does now. somewhere in the middle is where i probably want to be.
i think he pulled that off rednek. yea their pretty load i have buddy's here in ol washington who attract the worst attention by driving after midnight..... turns out the public doesn't like that at all.

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
i think he pulled that off rednek. yea their pretty load i have buddy's here in ol washington who attract the worst attention by driving after midnight..... turns out the public doesn't like that at all.
oh.. had me lost there for a min haha. i'm not to concerned about what other people will think the trucks not a daily driver its a recreational use only truck haha. i dont drive it at night or anything.

Rednek

Reaction score
basically a glass pack is just like any other muffler its just louder and more annoying to the townsfolks.... i really dont know the construction of it. but i think its fiberglass int here and it makes the sound echo...

trust me if your girl is anything like us country folks she will love it. but if shes city material she will HATE IT. bad

you can forget about talking to her

broncojoe. you are SOOOOO right about old trucks with roaring exhausts. hah we like to #$&! with the cops. we love to mess around at 3 am blastin thru town with my 83 bronco with glass packs and wakin up the townsfolk. its a immature fun thing to do. im sure when we grow up we will be ashamed of ourselves... but **** im in high school i got my grades so im gunna have fun while I can...... the police already hatre us enough. we dont drink and drive tho so its not all bad.

i bet you hate kids like us... us as in me and my buds... its okay im sure you did the same...

black beauty

Reaction score
rednek man dont even sweat it. after my headers their is a Y-pipe, one set of the Y's goes to the two flowmasters and the other set(when uncapped) allow me to run open headers. its just about 14" of 3' pipe after the headers. talk about an attention getter. the cops love to pull me over but they love the truck and the sound. its great to go thru town and see bedroom lights come on when you roll by. so yea man i just graduated i know whatcha mean

Lonnie's 88custom

Reaction score
Yea, my bad. :-"

Have fun!

Lonnie

B)

Rednek

Reaction score
black beauty i heard something about that those are so cool one day i was beside a 69 camaro (NICE) at the light so i revved her up lol not like i could win just for fun... it was like hmmmmmmm then still at edle it went RAWR then GREEN and waaaaah he took off omg it was insane.... he must have had them. one second it was quiete then rawr he must have had a switch or sumthin...

lol yeah people get sooo ******... they all love me though lol im like the guy in town that every one knows but they all kinda hate what i do but they like me. if ya know wat i mean lol

small town...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
thanks for everyones opinions! i've decided to wait until my mother in law leaves next week and put it on then. if its to loud i'll just go with the original plan to do flowmaster catbacks and i'm only out thirty bucks.

black beauty

Reaction score
yea rednek i hear ya. im the same way in my town. my truck is the only bronco in town so im well known for my mischief hahaha. small towns are great. everybody knows everybody especially me cause she is SO LOUD!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj