D44 and D60 bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Ok what Im trying to find out is A 79 f250 dana 44 FRONT axle and a 79 f350 dana 60 FRONT axle hub bearings,As inner and outer....Are they the same bearings or are the 60s bigger?The reason is I found a front dana 60 for sale from a 79 f350.I want to put the 60 in my bronco only because Im under the assumption that the 60 has bigger hub bearings than my f250 44 in the front of my truck now.Im tired of bearings coming loose over time in the front due to the 40 inch ground hawgs I have,So I figure if a 60 has bigger bearings It can handle the tires better.Auto zone and advance auto shows the same part numbers for both axles,,BUT broncograveyard shows otherwise.I dont what to put out a good amount of money on this axle if the 60 doesnt have bigger hub bearings..And solid input would help,,Thanks Mike

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that i found my answer.The D60 bearings ARE bigger than the 44s.So Im picking it up tomorrow and will eventually swap out the 44 and put in the 60.Then Ill sell the 44 with the 4.56s and try to make some money back on it.

50joe

Reaction score
And it just keeps getting bigger....LOL. You keep messin with that thing, and I'm gonna use it as a car port.

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Well I got the 60.It took 3 hrs both directions.From here in Magnolia to Mt Carmel PA and back.It needs to be overhauled,New axle U-joints,Take out 3.54s and put in 4.56s,Weld on C wedges for my radius arms,Other misc stuff.But Got it for $750.Cant beat that anything less than a 1000 is a deal.After this is done Ill eventually start to build the 460 sitting on my engine stand.Then maybe ill be done. :-"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar