d@*n it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddinlate86

Reaction score
how do you remove the vent window(whole thing)?i locked my keys in my truck and had to get in!!!

thanks for the help

BLADE262US

Reaction score
You cant remove it from the outside but I can tell you how to make the tools to get in . I have a master lockout kit and once you see how easy it is to get in youll be amazed . First you need a piece of like metal banding or very thin flat stock . Cut a piece about 4 inches long and bend a 90 degree angle in the one end around 3/4 of an inch so you end up with an L shape . The seal under the vent window is not solid there is a gap if you pull it up and you can now slide this piece you have made 90 first through that gap now you can move this in and in front of the release button on the vent window latch . Now you need a piece of coat hanger about 7 inches long . From the one end bend in a U shape with about a 1.5 inch radius and on the other end just bend like a 90 so you have hang onto it . Now slide this piece through the seal on the side of the vent window so that the U shape is now on the inside with the L shape flat stock . Now the object is to put the U shape in position so that when you twist it you are moving the latch to the open position so get the U shape in contact with the vent window latch . Now position the L shape under the latch so that when you pull toward you the 3/4 tab on the end pushes the vent window lock button in at this point twist the U shape and the vent window latch will open allowing you to reach your arm in there and unlock the door . Once you do it a few times it takes longer to go get the tools than it does to open the window . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
FYI, the metal spring rod that holds the cap on an older-model master cylinder works great for this job. JSM84

OP
OP
muddinlate86

muddinlate86

Reaction score
awsome guys thanx for the info!unfortanitly i forgot to post that i busted it out thats why i was asking :(( .but picked up a new one at the jy for 20 bucks so im good agin.

thanx!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23