Cd stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geier2103

Reaction score
I would like to install a 6 disc multi changer from a 2006 model ford into an 1989 ford bronco. However I saw on a website that the newer unit would not work in heritage models. I was wondering if my bronco fits into that era?? I would love to be able to istall the newer unit into my older bronco as it would be something totally different. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?

Krafty

Reaction score
the main issue would be size difference, I know all the 2000 + fords have a really tall cd player, the dash from the older fords were never designed for anything that big. it would be more hassle than its worth. Buy a decent mp3 cd player or get one that hooks straight to an ipod.

you can also find cd players that have a 6 cd changer connected via wire so its still compact enough to fit in your dash. then all you need is a $30 mounting kit and a $20 wiring harness adapter

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
That is true..Working in parts for a ford dealer for some time now(10yrs.)boy time flies when your having fun..But back to the subject...The face of the unit may be of same or like size but with it being a six disc the back is massive and on the old or heritage style there's not enough room without major mods...Like krafty was saying a remote cd changer will probably be the better bet and probably cheaper.... B)