Carbeurator stopped up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ah, Okay. That helps a ton. Way easier to figure out than the 1100

well obviously you need to look at it in steps. Since you know you have a problem with fuel not staying in the bowl I would focus on that.

it can only be going out the Power valve on the bottom or the accelerator pump on the side.

You could replace those items on your bench, fill the bowl and see if it holds the fuel or where it leaks from. Obviously if the bowl only goes half empty it is the accelerator pump. If it goes completely empty then the power valve is leaking or you have a crack.

One step at a time. You got this. These are super simple carbs, but they are old. There can be housing cracks. Faulty replacement parts. Make you pull your hair out.
Well hello Tiha, yes your right BUT---I put a new pump valve in and it is not leaking their. I did find a small gap--on the top --where the gasket is.Which would cause a leak their. It leaked at the bottom gasket--the side and top. So when I get back after while. I,m gonna hit it again. I,m also gonna stop in Summersville at my friends Buck. With the kits and carbeurators and let him look at them and have a laugh on me. Been awahile since we seen one another. We talk on the phone .He,s a Viet Nam veteran too .He,s a really great friend. Wonders about me sometimes. hahaha Take care and thanks alot. Have a great day.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score

well obviously you need to look at it in steps. Since you know you have a problem with fuel not staying in the bowl I would focus on that.

it can only be going out the Power valve on the bottom or the accelerator pump on the side.

You could replace those items on your bench, fill the bowl and see if it holds the fuel or where it leaks from. Obviously if the bowl only goes half empty it is the accelerator pump. If it goes completely empty then the power valve is leaking or you have a crack.

One step at a time. You got this. These are super simple carbs, but they are old. There can be housing cracks. Faulty replacement parts. Make you pull your hair out.
Last night I went over about 3 or 4 of the cars . Done it all BUT,adjusted the float. My cousin,s son is gonna adjust them for me.He,s a pretty good mechanic. I,ll let you know when I start back on it soon.Thanks alot and take it easy.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Its will start upand about a minute gas starts coming through the base gasket .Then around the lever where it goes through the side of the carb. I even put on a gas regulator--adjusted it down to 1 and 1/3 pounds and a fuel pressure gauge. I have had about 6 or 7 different carbs with new gaskets-float-the works. I have replaced alot of parts on this truck and the carb is all I need to be able to drive it. ,BUT WHATEVE IT IS--I KNOW IT WILL BE SOMETHING SMALL I HAVE OVER LOOKED. I ordered a new kit for it and think I,ll have my friend in Summersville to rebuild me one. That will give me a chance to visit him.ThanksTiha for the advice and I,ll check it out again tomorrow.
I took three carbs to my cousin,s son a couple of days ago. He said he,d have them ready today. Been getting cleaning done in one of my buildings and hope to get the carbs picked up today. Will keep you posted. Have a good day.

chrlsful

Reaction score
the 2100 is the best 2v made in my opinion.
"No gas in float bowl" when U take top of carb off (to C) can B evap. If 'wash down" very bad as it leaks out into motor "washing dwn" the cyl walls so no oil is lubin engine at start up. If not run regularly it may evap (as U said) from hi ETHO content right out of the bowel - but that takes a coupla daays. If U cked carb housings on a flat edg or machinest's "flat table" when rebuilding it's not leaking at gasket. I know they leak (AIR) a "vac leak" @ throttle shaft (alu or alloy body, steel shaft wearing it oval over the yrs). Re-bush kit (inc the reamer) on the net. A leak there COULD be nother source of "empty bowl".
I agree w/Needle'n Seat, cracked housing down low, & power valve as other ideas.
Glad U found Mike's. He told me he has over 1,000 vids on the net now. Sure R helpful on a carb u've never seen B4. Clued me into a carb previously rebuilt (B4 my ownership) re: # of check balls'n a weight dwn ina tube of a carb that was not running right. May have been this 2100 ora 2150...

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
the 2100 is the best 2v made in my opinion.
"No gas in float bowl" when U take top of carb off (to C) can B evap. If 'wash down" very bad as it leaks out into motor "washing dwn" the cyl walls so no oil is lubin engine at start up. If not run regularly it may evap (as U said) from hi ETHO content right out of the bowel - but that takes a coupla daays. If U cked carb housings on a flat edg or machinest's "flat table" when rebuilding it's not leaking at gasket. I know they leak (AIR) a "vac leak" @ throttle shaft (alu or alloy body, steel shaft wearing it oval over the yrs). Re-bush kit (inc the reamer) on the net. A leak there COULD be nother source of "empty bowl".
I agree w/Needle'n Seat, cracked housing down low, & power valve as other ideas.
Glad U found Mike's. He told me he has over 1,000 vids on the net now. Sure R helpful on a carb u've never seen B4. Clued me into a carb previously rebuilt (B4 my ownership) re: # of check balls'n a weight dwn ina tube of a carb that was not running right. May have been this 2100 ora 2150...
Yes Mike,s Carb is helpful and so are the people on hear. I don,t run ethanol. Worse junk you can put in any vehicle. I went to pick up my cars today,but he never got to them. He had to unload a load of rock and said he would adjust them tonight. I been trying to catch up on some work and never had any time to tinker this week. Thanks for the information. I,m gonna write down a check list. So I wont (hopefull) forget anything.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yes Mike,s Carb is helpful and so are the people on hear. I don,t run ethanol. Worse junk you can put in any vehicle. I went to pick up my cars today,but he never got to them. He had to unload a load of rock and said he would adjust them tonight. I been trying to catch up on some work and never had any time to tinker this week. Thanks for the information. I,m gonna write down a check list. So I wont (hopefull) forget anything.
UPDATE--I had my cousin,s son look at it . He found the troubles in the jets on all 3 carbeurators. One jet was to short,one was sticking and the other one. The piece where the jet goes down .Was messed up. .He fixed a couple of them,but when I went to put the one on the bronco. I am gonna have to get a fuel filter. Trying to get caught up on work around hear. I might take off and get a filter tomorrow. I,ll keep you guys up to date. Thanks for your help

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are making progress.

Yes there are always those odd ball problems when someone else fixed it with incorrect parts.
You can predict that stuff. Only experience fixes those.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Sounds like you are making progress.

Yes there are always those odd ball problems when someone else fixed it with incorrect parts.
You can predict that stuff. Only experience fixes those.
yes and PLUS I don,t have the best eye sight like I used to have. As you said before. Take 1 step at a time and dreckley you,ll find the problem (s)Also write down what you do ---like a check off list. Thanks to all you guy for helping and having paitence with me.Also Tiha--I,m suppose to go check on the sliding windows for you this week. If not this week. I,m gonna see about going next week the latest. He did have them(1 set)He said he would have to go look and see about them and a price.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Tiha--I,m suppose to go check on the sliding windows for you this week. If not this week. I,m gonna see about going next week the latest. He did have them(1 set)He said he would have to go look and see about them and a price.
That must have been someone else. I have power sliders, no need for more LOL.

But yeah eye sight and carbs. Yuck. I am using cheeter glasses. LOL Although I rip them off and throw them when someone is coming so they don't catch me wearing them.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That must have been someone else. I have power sliders, no need for more LOL.

But yeah eye sight and carbs. Yuck. I am using cheeter glasses. LOL Although I rip them off and throw them when someone is coming so they don't catch me wearing them.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I,m ******* them . I got replacemen glass,s at the va about 2 weeks ago. Used them one night and picked up my old ones .That have scotch tape holding them together --plus scratches all over the lens. I can see through them and they don,t hurt my eyes like the new ones did. I called in for some parts for the old truck,bronco and fire bird .I ,ll do some weed-eating and other odd jobs around hear. Till the parts come in.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Well I got the carbeurator rebuilt and put on. Then the NEW pump went out. I found a old Carter in the building. Where you can rebuild .tHE ONE WITH ALL THE SCREWS ALL AROUND. tO REPLACE THE DIAPHGRA. It is pumping really good. The the power valve started leaking. Had to take the carb off to get to 1 little ***** and tighten it.The went around and made sure akll were tight. All I have to do now is hook the main line up and test it tomorrow. Thanks to all of you for the help ,advice and not quiting.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The accelerator pump is the biggest failure on all those old carbs. You might be able to get it to run choking it, but it won't drive right without the accelerator pump working correctly.
That is what causes the fuel to squirt in when you move the gas pedal.
If you have it on one side, maybe the other one will be cleared by tonight? But usually the gas destroys the seal and they need to be replaced.
Tiha you helped me out alot and others have to on this thing and FINALLY --HOPEFFULLY --WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE IT OUT TODAY. Thanks alot for sticking with me and if your ever in West Virginia and need help--give me a holler and I ,ll do my best to help you out. Again thanks .

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Tiha you helped me out alot and others have to on this thing and FINALLY --HOPEFFULLY --WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE IT OUT TODAY. Thanks alot for sticking with me and if your ever in West Virginia and need help--give me a holler and I ,ll do my best to help you out. Again thanks .
That is great news. Glad you got it going.

You know rocket scientists are not any smarter than anyone of us, they just found someone that would let them play with rockets until they got it right.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That is great news. Glad you got it going.

You know rocket scientists are not any smarter than anyone of us, they just found someone that would let them play with rockets until they got it right.
hahaha,well Tiha, you and others were a big help and alot of stuff I had forgotten, aGAIN thanks alot and for sticking with me. I just hooked the main gas kine up. Took the battery and put it on charge. When I get back from Summersville. It should be charged up goo. The shade will have the bronco covered and I,ll take the stuff off the dash and stuff and ready to take it out. I,m gonna wait on my cousin,s son. I,ll have the fire extinguiser handy too. I spent some time around Red Bud,Tilden,Marissa and Sparta ,Illinoise when I first When I got out of the army. My brother lived their. Really great large mouth bass fishing. I never even got a bite,but I sure drank alot of beer. What state you live in? If your ever in W.Va and need help--let me know and I,ll do my best to help you.Agin--THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
hahaha,well Tiha, you and others were a big help and alot of stuff I had forgotten, aGAIN thanks alot and for sticking with me. I just hooked the main gas kine up. Took the battery and put it on charge. When I get back from Summersville. It should be charged up goo. The shade will have the bronco covered and I,ll take the stuff off the dash and stuff and ready to take it out. I,m gonna wait on my cousin,s son. I,ll have the fire extinguiser handy too. I spent some time around Red Bud,Tilden,Marissa and Sparta ,Illinoise when I first When I got out of the army. My brother lived their. Really great large mouth bass fishing. I never even got a bite,but I sure drank alot of beer. What state you live in? If your ever in W.Va and need help--let me know and I,ll do my best to help you.Agin--THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP.
yes, then I think I,m out of gas.hahaha I,ll get some later on. No hurry now. Gotta get liscense re-newed on my truck and pay taxes next week. Plus take care of some things. I don,t go out much. I try to take care and several things when I do. Instead of running up and down the road every little bit. No sence in wasteing gas and money.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
That is always how it works out isn't it. When you think you are all set then bam something else.

I am sure it will be worth the struggle. Funny how just running out to fill a gas can becomes so annoying.

I am in the midwest. Love me some fishing and beer, but unfortunately don't get out east too often anymore. Appreciate the offer.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That is always how it works out isn't it. When you think you are all set then bam something else.

I am sure it will be worth the struggle. Funny how just running out to fill a gas can becomes so annoying.

I am in the midwest. Love me some fishing and beer, but unfortunately don't get out east too often anymore. Appreciate the offer.
Well YESTERDAY--my cousin,s son and a friend were down. Had the hood up on the bronco and we all 36 were messing around their and NOTHING happened to US. I go out this morning / Raised the hood on the bronco to pick up some things out of the way and BAM/ Damyn wasps had made a nest--I guess over night and one got me on the little finger.Made me mad and I got a can of PBS=PEANUT BUTTER BLASTER AND FIXED THEM. People don,t believe what it has done to me. hahah. Well anytime you are in the area give me a call. You got my e-mail and I,ll tell you.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well YESTERDAY--my cousin,s son and a friend were down. Had the hood up on the bronco and we all 36 were messing around their and NOTHING happened to US. I go out this morning / Raised the hood on the bronco to pick up some things out of the way and BAM/ Damyn wasps had made a nest--I guess over night and one got me on the little finger.Made me mad and I got a can of PBS=PEANUT BUTTER BLASTER AND FIXED THEM. People don,t believe what it has done to me. hahah. Well anytime you are in the area give me a call. You got my e-mail and I,ll tell you.
I guess it could have been worse. Open the hood and their,d lay a big rattler coiled up. hahaha. I don,t bother them. Use them as guard snakes. Do a really good job. Don,t have theives messing around now. Don,t have to feed them,get shots for them,pay taxes on them. Don,t bark or worry about getting sued if they bite someone. Keeps nosey people away.

chrlsful

Reaction score
best 2v made in my opinion. Many use the progressive (weber 32/26) too.

Would cracks in the tubes (long thin, w/those holes in'em) do this. I see them in bad shape all the time~

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke