C4 Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77bronco

Reaction score
I have a 77 Bronco with a C4 trans, Dana 20 transfer case. The trans was overhauled and shifts great, however on hard accel & for some reason worse on left turns, the trans will literally throw fluid out the vent tube. The trans is NOT over filled, actually a quart low now & if I hold the RPM's up for a minute or two, I will still push out fluid. If it makes a difference, I have 35's with 4.88 gears.

Help!

G

Guest_ROY

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A VACUUM PROBLEM

PLUGGED UP VACUUM LINE

OP
OP

77bronco

Reaction score
I have a 77 Bronco with a C4 trans, Dana 20 transfer case. The trans was overhauled and shifts great, however on hard accel & for some reason worse on left turns, the trans will literally throw fluid out the vent tube. The trans is NOT over filled, actually a quart low now & if I hold the RPM's up for a minute or two, I will still push out fluid. If it makes a difference, I have 35's with 4.88 gears.Help!
How would a "plugged" vacuum line affect the trans? Honestly, I think I disconnected the vacuum line to the modulator thinking there was to much vacuum.

Bwonco

Reaction score
It sounds like you may have a damaged or broken baffle inside the adaptor housing. You might be able to cure the leak by adding a hose extension to the breather. Then at the top of the hose some people like to clamp on a small fuel filter. I don't know how modified your trans is but some mods will literally throw fluid at the vent from the inside. If this is the case, then perhaps a good internal baffle won't be enough. I'm sure it could also be something other than what I have mentioned, but you have at least a few things to check. ~bh :blink:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23