BRONCO TAILGATE RUST REPAIR PANEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncoguru

Reaction score
Have a rust hole in your bronco tailgate? I have an easy fix. These panels are made of aluminium, bent to precise specs. They fit right over your lower tailgate lip. RTV gasket glue, double side tape of even caulk is effective for application. No screws or welding. Special colors may be available for an additional charge. Please see my ebay and youtube links, thanks!

click here for Ebay link

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

0055_1.jpg

88888888888888888888888888888.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
Looks good, but I suggest fixing the actual rust problem first.

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
B

broncoguru

Reaction score
You could seal the rust with a POR15 product. If your gate doesnt have any rigidity on the bottom area, then this may not be the best idea. But, if your tailgate is strong, with just a little rust. This is a cheap easy fix. Less than $50 and only a few minutes to install. No welding or drilling.

Seabronc

Reaction score
You could seal the rust with a POR15 product. If your gate doesnt have any rigidity on the bottom area, then this may not be the best idea. But, if your tailgate is strong, with just a little rust. This is a cheap easy fix. Less than $50 and only a few minutes to install. No welding or drilling.
I totally agree, but if there is any blistering showing, the best way is to cut out the rust, seal, and then add your panel. Using double sides tape or any thing else will eventually fail as the rust grows. POR15 is a great sealer, but if the area isn't cleaned it will fail. This is definitely the least expensive way I have seen to attack the cosmetic problem, and is a good alternative to to buying a new tail gate. It will certainly give the user a few more years to think about it.

I could write a lot about how to permanently solve the tail gate rust problem, but that is more than I am willing to cover at this point. I know how to do it, but it requires a bit of work. There are a few design flaws, (perhaps deliberately designed by Ford to sell more vehicles), that can solve most all of the typical Bronco rust areas. I guess I should do a "How-To" on those, I'll give it some thought, it takes a bit of thought on how to put it into words that make sense to everyone
clown.gif

The important thing is that this is definitely a good idea as a patch panel.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke