breakout box question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jramirez35

Reaction score
I got an OTC 3226 UB 80 breakout box from ebay but it didnt come with the adapter for Ford EEC-IV. Does anyone know if i can use rotunda adapters with this box? they look mighty similar to me and are available as compared to the OTC module. if anybody knows with any certainty please reply.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo J,

the Rotunda cable should fit because all Break Out Boxes made by OTC, Thexton, Ford (Rotunda), & others need the connectors to be exactly the same to fit the EEC IV module. But BO panel overlays appear to me to be different; you will need the correct overlay. Contact seller and ask.

But you can do quite a few tests w/Out the BO Box; go to the EEC pin instead; for instance, for the E4OD MLPS; "...MLP voltage (ignition on) should be within 20% of these specifications. Note It is recommended that you use a break-out box. If a break-out box is not available, you will need to pierce the wires to pins 30 and 46 for these tests. NOTE: Click on image to make it larger. (Step 3) Check the resistance of the MLPS: The resistance of the MLPS (pins 30 and 46) should change-in increments-with the position of the manual lever (figure 4). Note If this test is being done with a break-out box, disconnect the computer first (make sure the ignition is off). If this test is being done without a break-out box, disconnect the MLPS from the vehicle harness...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jramirez35

jramirez35

Reaction score
miesk5,

thank you my bro. as usual, you came through quick. thanks a lot...huge difference between $60 and $250.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23