Blinker switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burns

Reaction score
Just got my second bronco, an 89 with a 351w and c6. The blinkers don't stay locked on when I move the lever. They work, but it doesn't hold in position. Anyone ever replace one, what do I need, and is it difficult to do?

Reaction score
Just got my second bronco, an 89 with a 351w and c6. The blinkers don't stay locked on when I move the lever. They work, but it doesn't hold in position. Anyone ever replace one, what do I need, and is it difficult to do?
Mine only locks in the left direction so I am gonna be replacing mine also but I have other issues to work on first. Good luck with this and I will be using any info given here to fix mine in the future.

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
Not too big of a deal really you can find the turn signal assembly at most auto parts places for your truck. In some cases they have the "HELP" blister packs that just have the parts that wear so you can rebuild the switching/locking device. Sometimes if you take the thing apart you can figure a way to rig it to work for you for a few more months if you don't have the cash to buy new parts.

It is aggravating if them things don't work, but its spring/summer now just open the windows and use hand signals.

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
i have and 83 bronco. when i use my turn signal it comes on...but doesnt blink. could that be the switch?

OP
OP
B

Burns

Reaction score
i have and 83 bronco. when i use my turn signal it comes on...but doesnt blink. could that be the switch?

If the light stays solid while the blinker's "on," then it could be the blinker fuse. Big old cylinder looking fuse, about as round as a quarter and as tall as 6 of em. They're like 2 bucks, and I grabbed 2 or 3 last time I got em cuz I know they go out at the wrong possible moments. Just my past experience.

As to the switch, I'll be fixing/replacing, I'm tired of juryrigging everything haha.

Hand singnals he says :lol:

Big_Ford_POS

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure you have to pull the steering wheel and then its pretty easy after that. Just make sure you mark the shaft and steering wheel so you put it on in the same place. You can get them cheap at the junk year or the auto parts. You will have to get a steering wheel puller to get the wheel off. If you go to AutoZone you pay a deposit for the tools and then when you return them you get your money back or you keep the tool. Its a cool deal and they all have life time warranty.

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
If the light stays solid while the blinker's "on," then it could be the blinker fuse. Big old cylinder looking fuse, about as round as a quarter and as tall as 6 of em. They're like 2 bucks, and I grabbed 2 or 3 last time I got em cuz I know they go out at the wrong possible moments. Just my past experience.
As to the switch, I'll be fixing/replacing, I'm tired of juryrigging everything haha.

Hand singnals he says :lol:
a ;ittle off topic but could that run my brake lights to? when i apply my brakes the lights dont get brighter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK