batt. and alt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronco410w

Reaction score
im gonna be replacing the battery and alternator soon.... im goin with the optima red top.... but i dont know what kind of alt. to get "brand" ... i have 5 kc daylighters on top of roof for late night trail riding... plus a a pretty big radio system in it... what brand and amp should i go with!?!?

thanks!

Seabronc

Reaction score
I'm not here to destroy RJM's business, but I know of several cases of problems with him, NOT HIS EQUIPMENT. He has an excellent line of products, but on a scale of -100 to + 100 he is a -99 when it comes to customer service. If you search the FSB forum, where he hangs out, you will find numerous people wondering where he is and cases similar to my experience with him. I ordered some products from him that I intended to use within the following two weeks, six months later he had not shipped and refused to answer a simple request for status. I can understand possibly being out of stock on something but his attitude is, "F$#k you", don't bother me. He had my money and I had nothing. The only way I could get my money back was to file a dispute through PayPal, they had enough clout with him to force him to return my money.

That being said, it is possible that he has changed his ways. So if you deal with him, you are forewarned. That is not sour grapes, numerous people have had that experience with him. Too bad, because he has an excellent line of products and is a wealth of knowledge on alternators and fuel injection. Now I'm going to send you to his Home Page http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/

For parts look over to the right and click on Product.

His name is Ryan McCormick and his user name on FSB is FIREGUY50

Note: There are several styles of 130A 3G alternators but the most common for upgradng older Broncos are the long neck and short neck. The long necks are pretty much a drop in to the 80 - 86. 87 - 92 will probably use the short neck version and I believe that they also need a slight modification to the mounting bracket, detailed info on that exists at FSB. I believe that the 93 -95 already have a 3G, correct me if I'm wrong, just pulling this off the top of my head :unsure:

Also if you look at my supermotors link, you will find pictures of upgrading to a 3G that apply to 80 - 86 V-belt installations.

Good luck,

:)>-

Yardape

Reaction score
I didnt post the link for RJM, it was mostly for the excellent collection of data from Meisk. We were in chat and he had asked me about an alt swap. I just told him thats not my area of expertise so I found him a link to start him off in his research.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I didnt post the link for RJM, it was mostly for the excellent collection of data from Meisk. We were in chat and he had asked me about an alt swap. I just told him thats not my area of expertise so I found him a link to start him off in his research.
I understood that, but I felt the need to put out a warning on Ryan. Anyone is free to deal with him and the warning was given to let people reading this forum thread know, that they may not be pleased with the result. Her has nothing there you can't find from other sources on the net at similar prices. I would be over joyed to find out that he has done a little rethinking about his service attitude and was one of the best. I'm just not interested in testing that with my money, "Been there, Done that", :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23