BAM!!! EVERYONE DROPS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82BRONCO

Reaction score
I have some problems with backfiring. I was told that it could be that my exhaust is loose to were it connects to the manifold. I was also told that it could be bad timing, vaccum lines, and the carb may not be adjusted right. It only happens when i shift down and the RPMs jump, Somtimes when i accelerate fast. I need some advice to what i could do. Thanks!!!

OP
OP
82BRONCO

82BRONCO

Reaction score
Cool...I was told that by a few people sooo thats what it probably is, but i was also told to change plugs, wires and my air filter. Is that what i should try first??? Thanks

brian_n_texas

Reaction score
My guess is it's probably a wore out timing chain that has slipped a gear, if this the original motor on an 82.

Never hurts to change the plugs, wires, etc., but these are not the cause of backfiring.

lil mule pepe

Reaction score
I have some problems with backfiring. I was told that it could be that my exhaust is loose to were it connects to the manifold. I was also told that it could be bad timing, vaccum lines, and the carb may not be adjusted right. It only happens when i shift down and the RPMs jump, Somtimes when i accelerate fast. I need some advice to what i could do.  Thanks!!!
27288[/snapback]

hey there just signed on from canuck land, decel backfire is fuel loading up cause improper timing1 check with timing light to see if timing mark jumps back and forth more than 4 degrees! accel backfire lean fuel mix ! but!! is it back firing through intake or exhaust intake side lean exhaust side rich or timing issues <)
cowboy.gif

OP
OP
82BRONCO

82BRONCO

Reaction score
thanks a lot >

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members