Axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ha-y-n Bronco

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Ford Bronco XLT with a 5.0L V-8. It's a 4-wheeldrive with manual transmission. I am curious to know what types of axles I have for the front and rear and what my gear ratio is. Thanks Everyone.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
First off, Welcome to the B Zone.

There should be an ID tag inside the door on the driver's side that has the code for your axles. I personally do not know the codes for the newer Broncos but I know someone here does. Get that code and post it here and someone can tell you.

jfrbronco

Reaction score
once you get the code off the tag go to broncodata.com look up under axle id and with the code on the list match it to the ratio ,good luck

JFR-

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
Axle types front D44 TTB and rear 8.8" like others on gear ratio. get axle code on door jamb or look on one of the rearend bolts get the info off the tag. Most common gear ratio with those axle is 3.54 front and 3.55 rear.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
TXQH is correct on the axle type. Either the door jamb label or th metal ID tag will tell you the gear ratio, and whether or not you have a limited slip unit in the 8.8"

You don't see too many 5.0L with the manual tranny after 1990 in the Bronco. Great rig!!! B)

404PageNotFound

Reaction score
check the tag on the driver side door frame.

it'll then decode it in your owners manual.

should sort it from ABS/NON ABS too. (not too sure about the 92-96 generation)

kelly

Reaction score
where are the VSS and ABS sensors at? and how do they interchange with a different rearend?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj