Another lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Im starting to save for my bronco projects now that Im content with my money situation. Since Ive heard everyone say/complain that 6 inch lift is the way to go I want to know everything thats going to nickle and dime me....If I go with 6 Im going to get 35 inch tires and appropriate gears and a locker or two..but will I have to lengthen the driveshafts? (something id rather not do) if I had to legthen them I would go with a 4 with 33s instead since I KNOW thats not an issue. No matter what gears will be changed lockers added and superlift steering and speedo adjuster will be in the mix of it all. Its still a 92 fullsize btw. (NOT doing sas)

BLADE262US

Reaction score
I think 6 inch is the way to go I got a kit from 4wheelparts wholesalers it was pro comp rear 6 inch lift springs ( dont do blocks unless you absolutely cant afford the springs ) superlift front bracket kit , superlift front 6 inch springs , superlift super runner steering kit ( this kit is a must if you can afford it bump steer is terrible without it ) 6 procomp shocks ( wouldnt recomend these rears blew out after 2 weeks ranchos are very good 5000,s or the 9000x if you can afford them ) The pro comp extended brake lines are a must ( front and rear ) kit also came with the U bolts it was pretty much complete and with a set of warn premiums it cost me like $1400 . rear springs were like $300 and steering kit was close to $400 . I think if I had to do it over again I woould have bouoght the superlift rear springs my other bronco has them and the quality is much better with the procomps though you dont need to get the polyurethane bushings I got them too but the procomps had factory rubber bushings in them and there a pain to get out so I left them being that they were brand new . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

STLKIKN

Reaction score
To keep it close to stock feel, you should probably go with 4.10s... 4.56 if you want a little extra low end grunt.

super simplistic ratio calculator.....

stock tire height x new tire height

factory ratio ........ unknown ratio

ie ........ 29 x 35 = (3.55x35)/ 29UR

......... 3.55 .. UR

124.5/ 29 UR =

UR = 4.28 So the new ratio would be around 4.28 up or down as you see fit.

p.s. please ignore the periods used in the equation, they are just there as spacers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat