a4ld leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doogie88

Reaction score
pulled up to the pump today went in an paid upon walking back out noticed a puddle under my 88 b2. get down on the ground its tranny fluid. ****** from the bell houseing. so i figure its got to be the front main seal or the torque converter. heres my questions

1. how hard is it to replace the front seal an torque converter? can me an a buddy do it in a weekend?

2. is that all i would have to replace?

3. heard something about a flex plate spacer? could not find any info on that.

if someone has had this prob could you pls help me out,i called a bunch of shops but dont have the money for labor (its anywhere from 400.to600.)

any suggestions or hints would be great

thanks guys an gals

later d

andre

Reaction score
seal is easy to replace just make sure to seat it even

as for tranm get trafer case gaskit between tranm and case

easy to take case and tranm one part at the time because fit tigth over exaus cross over pipe

make sure when you put tranm back in that converter seat all the way insi tranm or pump will be damage

use mercom tranmission oil only old type atf not recomended

word od advise don't rush the job better to take you're time then to have to replace the tranms

as for flex plate there a spacer between make sure put it back in same way you took it out

GOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula