92 Bronco F250 Chassis and 5.9L Cummins Diesel Engine Swap - Documented build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this thing come together. When will you be getting the gauages again? Sorry if you said it and I missed it.

OP
OP
Scottburgesscpa
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this thing come together. When will you be getting the gauages again? Sorry if you said it and I missed it.
Thanks!
Not sure...waiting on LCD screens from China...probably about 4-6 weeks! Making a few minor changes to the gauges but they're definitely getting close!!

OP
OP
Scottburgesscpa
Reaction score
I am so excited! I picked up the custom aluminum fuel tank from the welding shop! It should hold somewhere between 34-37 gallons. It is designed to fit between the frame rails behind the rear axle. The "wings" on each side will bolt to the frame rails. We used gussets to strengthen the mounting brackets due to the sheer weight! This will definitely help to put some weight in the rear end (270-300 pounds when full). There was one additional baffle installed that has not been pictured. We have 3 (-10AN) ports on the sump because, of course, the first port is the supply line port, but according to the engineers as FAAS, the fuel pump needs a dedicated return and then there needs to be another return from the fuel rail on the engine. I hope y'all like it! Let me know what y'all think!

Attachments

• top rear.jpg
    top rear.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • top right side angle view.jpg
    top right side angle view.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Inside with Baffles.jpeg
    Inside with Baffles.jpeg
    694.8 KB · Views: 2
  • sump.jpeg
    sump.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Scottburgesscpa
Reaction score
... continuing to work with the guys over at OneGauge.com to finalize the dash gauge layout....

Attachments

• Final Gauge Rendering_3.png
    Final Gauge Rendering_3.png
    284 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Scottburgesscpa
Reaction score
Finally got the final instrument cluster design all mocked up...we played with photoshop a little bit to put the picture of the gauges into a picture of the actual F150 dash bezel it's going into!! LMK what ya'll think!

Attachments

• IMG_20200306_104222.jpg
    IMG_20200306_104222.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200306_104247.jpg
    IMG_20200306_104247.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Scott,
Looks great! Hopefully the bezel won't be prone to damage when removing for repair as the originals suffer..
92-96 Cluster Bezel Repairs

"It's common for the clips across the top snap off their mounting posts, but the posts are hollow, so it's fairly easy to install a *****. The hardest part is getting the final 1/4 turn on the ***** so the clip stays tight.
clusterbezel9296.jpg
It's even more common for the ***** holes behind the trim strips to break out, but it's easier to repair them. I used this plumber's strap to hang some hardware for powdercoating, which is why it's black. But since it'll be totally hidden, plain strap is just as good. Even if the holes haven't cracked yet, this mod will prevent them from ever breaking" by Steve
Keep on keeping on Scott.

OP
OP
Scottburgesscpa
Reaction score
Yo Scott,
Looks great! Hopefully the bezel won't be prone to damage when removing for repair as the originals suffer..
92-96 Cluster Bezel Repairs

"It's common for the clips across the top snap off their mounting posts, but the posts are hollow, so it's fairly easy to install a *****. The hardest part is getting the final 1/4 turn on the ***** so the clip stays tight.
View attachment 21485
It's even more common for the ***** holes behind the trim strips to break out, but it's easier to repair them. I used this plumber's strap to hang some hardware for powdercoating, which is why it's black. But since it'll be totally hidden, plain strap is just as good. Even if the holes haven't cracked yet, this mod will prevent them from ever breaking" by Steve
Keep on keeping on Scott.

Steve,
Thanks! Actually, I'm getting rid of the entire dash from the Bronco and putting in the entire interior from a 2011 F150 Platinum.....seats, console with floor shifter, complete dash....everything!!! That oughtta fix the problem!!

OP
OP
Scottburgesscpa
Reaction score
So don't know if you will be able to view this video of my working instrument cluster, but here it is! This was just a test run by hooking it up to power to test it. I finally started removing the bronco body from the chassis last weekend and hope to finish this weekend and have some pics for y'all. Also pretty cool...I bought a bronco Remote Controlled truck and I am fixing it up and painting it to be a miniature version of my big one so I can play with colors and designs...I'll post some pics next week! Thanks for everyone's positive comments and feedback so far! Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke