91 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boodaddy

Reaction score
This is my first post. Wanted to say I am very happy I found such a great forum.

Here's the problem I'm having with my starter motor. It's fine first thing when I start it up, fires right up like a champ!!! After driving for a while and I shut it off I go to restart it and it drags and sounds like the battery is dying. If I let it sit for about 10-15 mins it fires right up again with no problem. Starter motor seems to be getting real hot. replaced the starter with an OEM from ford thinking that this would solve my problem, but NOOOOOO still did it. Tried putting another OEM in and is still doing the same thing. Left me stranded a few times now when I really needed to be somewhere and didn't have 10-15 mins to waste waiting for it to cool down!!!!! Any suggestions as far as what I need to check/replace? Any one have a solution to my problem??? Also when I'm backing out of a space and cranck the steering wheel all the way the truck stalls. Is this related in some way? I'm at a loss here and hoping someone could help me out. Thanks in advance. Happy Turkeyday to everyone.....Boodaddy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23