80-96 sas coil springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiller83

Reaction score
I've done my sas but did not replace the coil spring towers.It has been many years and the bow in the springs is getting worse,seems due to the perch bending from the load.I have long travel radius arms but very stout 8" lift springs and want to upgrade to long travel springs and shocks.I had to strap the springs to pull the bow inward...problem,I see many articles on long travel sas kits for newer full size broncos but no springs larger than 6" lift and none that go from the 80+ tower to the 79- perch. As popular as this mod is,the simplicity of a conversion spring would greatly eas the process and possibly increase the sale of other parts. can anyone tell me where to find a long travel 8" lift coil that's compatible between my stock towers and the 79 axle.

Krafty

Reaction score
have you though about adding gussets to your upper coil pocket to keep it from bending. probably more cost effective then swapping out the springs and pockets.

OP
OP
T

tiller83

Reaction score
That may help with the bowing,need to know where to get those.Would it also add maybe an inch so I could go with a 6" superflex spring and be within range of my current setup ?

Krafty

Reaction score
you could have the whole upper coil spring seat straightened and moved down 2 inches and re installed with the reinforcements. the gussets would likely have to be made at a machine or welding shop by hand. or if you have a grinder with a cutting disc and some 1/4" plate and some time on your hands you can tackle it yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23