79 Bronco Headliner Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoCall4

Reaction score
Hi All!

I’m new to this forum and new to owning a Ford Bronco. I picked up a 79 Ford Bronco Custom with the 351M in it and have loved everyday with it. I have constantly been replacing parts and upgrading certain items but I can’t find any good options for headliners. Does anyone know of any? I’ve been looking at the high liner headliner with the speakers but wondering if there are any other options (or if I just need to try to custom make my own). Currently the headliner is just black painted wood bolted to the roof, thanks for any suggestions and I’ll attach some pictures of the new rig and of the current headliner.

Attachments

• 6FE4DC02-8FCD-4AEE-BDCA-A99CF87CC516.jpeg
    6FE4DC02-8FCD-4AEE-BDCA-A99CF87CC516.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 2
  • D160B091-5D86-4475-9EA4-8902E8C5B4F3.jpeg
    D160B091-5D86-4475-9EA4-8902E8C5B4F3.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 3

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Nice truck! Welcome to the zone!!
Sorry not much help, I made mine out of one from a 79 S\C I found at a wrecker, Cut to fit and perfection!
Cheers

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if they are even still made but I thought LMC had a plastic headliner with speaker mounts in it.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo BroncoCall4
See Built a new 78 headliner @
by Bad Droid

Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via member Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.
It may be slow to download if you're finding that one website from which you download files operates slower than another, it's likely either because the web server is slower, or another device along the transmission route in the chain linking you to the web server operates slower.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1979-Ford-Bronco.pdf via Dezo's Garage

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I have a high liner in mine. Unless it changed, they only listed them for a 73-79 F series, I did get it to fit . The metal trim that goes around the original liner, I had to modify. The sides on each side have to be extended a few inches. I took some out of the center above the windshield and welded those pieces into the sides and smoothed them out. It also has cut off part of my hole for the visors. I just haven't gotten around to fixing that issue. The speakers that came with it dont sound bad either. I ran my speaker wires up my left "A" pillar since I kept my radio in the dash. Overall I like it. If you want I can get some pics and post them up for you. 😁

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom