79 Bronco 7.3L Power Stroke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerstroker 86

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot on this forum and there is a lot of good information and people. I've been a member of ford truck enthusiast for many years now but i posted my new project there and haven't gotten any help or advice.

So here's the paper plan (we all know how this goes btw once i start though) taking a 79 Bronco and removing engine and transmission. it has a 351 with a c6 auto in it. all of which are running and working properly if anyone is interested in purchasing them. I'm looking at installing a 99-02 7.3L power stroke turbo and a zf 6speed manual transmission.

I'm going to have to remove the auto lever from the steering column, am I going to need a new column though? I'll need to pick up the manual shifter and clutch peddle assembly as well, I'm thinking that I will need the clutch peddle off a new super duty because there hydrolic.

I'm thinking sence there is a new gas tank in the bronco i can just drop that and empty it good to change over to diesel.

Fuel pump, get one off a diesel?

Radiator, the bronco has a new 4 core radiator in it which i think will be enough for the PS.

I'm going to be making my own motor mounts for it so I'm not to afraid of the engine not mounting right, or the transmission mounting right. Is this going to fit? Should I just stick with the c6? Can I fabricate something to get the c6 to mount correctly? Any input would be helpful :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks

bbs_jeff

Reaction score
I love the Idea!! I can't help much, but I have been thinking about doing something similar to my '94 (currently a winter beater, i dont' trust it more then 40 miles right now. I'm taking a slightly different approach, I'm looking for a decent runner in the same body style '92 thru '97 F-250 F-50, with a 7.3l upgrade the motor and suspension all at the same time. I need to find one and make sure everythign will line up right before i start, but that plus a full paint job will finish the project. not in a big hurry to get at it, then i would need to burn more cash on another project.

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
sounds awesome! a while back, i was reading an article in Bronco Driver Magazine about someone who did exactly that but with an early bronco. i forget the exact year, but if a 7.3 can be squeezed into an early bronco, it should fit fine in a full-size. Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23