5.0 EFI to carb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkclifton

Reaction score
I own a 1990 5.0 bronco. I hate EFI and want to either swap to a bigger motor or build a 5.0 with a carb. I think I have thought of everything. I just need to know how hard it realy is and are there any special tricks or problems I may run into? My other option is a 400 Im just not sure if it will bolt to my aod trans. I know there would be some fabrication getting it in but Im seriously thinking about it.

Southern_Pride

Reaction score
Get a 351c block and stick the 400 internals in it will bolt up to an aod. But thats a lot more work. Carb swap isnt really that difficult. But time consuming. Need a new ignition, intake, carb, fuel pump, need to drop the gas tank and change the pickup, need an aftermarket tv cable and a different throttle cable.

b_c

Reaction score
won't the obd need to be upgraded/downgraded?

peace,

b_c

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Good luck putting 400 guts in a 351C block . The main journals on a 351C are much smaller than the 400/351M so it wont just bolt in . And if you look the 351C has its own intake maifold for 2 bbl or 4 bbl this is due to the different deck height of the 351C . The C is a special motor some parts interchange with the 351M/400 but the technicals are way different . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23