400m

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbad79

Reaction score
i need as much power as i can get out of my 400. i already have aftermarket intake and 4barrel carb. any other suggestions for high horses?

custom_78

Reaction score
Headers, dual exhaust, aluminum heads, higher compression pistons, longer stroke crakshaft, or nitous.

BLUEovalBELIEVER

Reaction score
get rid of it,the money you will spend isn't worth it.

but....make sure the timing chain you buy has the slot for the woodruff key right on the dot for the timing,mill the heads and intake .30-.40 works good

intake has to be milled to line back up with heads milling it isn't gonnna do any thing for horses.4bbl gas gusling non efficent carb should do the trick on top,waste some money on a over priced intake,some shims for the vavle train and a cam somewhere around 270 280 adv dur,just call up your cam manufactuer of choice and ask for recommendations.

you are gonna be disap[pointed with the performance of a built 400.buy a efi 351w and be done with it.all kinds of power, EFI,plenty of aftermarket parts,and you will get better gas mileage.if you can afford to build a 400 you can afford a 351w and adapter plate from summit or jegs.

ever wonder why nobody swaps in 351m or 400's?(why most people don't swap)

BLUEovalBELIEVER

Reaction score
you have an aftermarket intake and 4bbl?what have you done to the exhaust?those motors had low compression,******** timing and small cams.

4bbls don't make power if you don't have the rest of the motor with it.what size carb and single or daul plane intake?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj