1995 Bronco 5.8Lt Overdrive Light Flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mansolis

Reaction score
Good afternoon.

I have 1995 Bronco XLT 5.8Lt, I repair the transmission E40D completely, change the odometer, the velocity sensor , and it does not have the check engine light on, but the only light on that reflects is the dash is the ABS light. It continues with the over drive flashing. Every time we scan the code thare are no transmission code, do have any idea what it could be so I can repair it?

Thanks for your sugestiones and help.

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Buenas tardes.

Tengo Bronco XLT 5 8 Lt, reparo la transmisión por completo, cambio el odómetro, el sensor de velocidad, y no tiene la luz del motor checa encendida, pero la única luz que refleja es la das es la luz del ABS. Continúa con el over drive parpadeando. Cada vez que escaneamos el código, no hay ningún código de transmisión, ¿tienes alguna idea de lo que podría ser para que pueda repararlo?

bueno

OP
OP
M

mansolis

Reaction score
Good afternoon.

I have 1995 Bronco XLT 5.8Lt, I repair the transmission E40D completely, change the odometer, the velocity sensor , and it does not have the check engine light on, but the only light on that reflects is the dash is the ABS light. It continues with the over drive flashing. Every time we scan the code thare are no transmission code, do have any idea what it could be so I can repair it?

Good afternoon.

OP
OP
M

mansolis

Reaction score
Good afternoon.

Good afternoon.

Good afternoon.

sinker4

Reaction score
My Over Drive light would flash and the transmission would shift hard { 5.0 E4OD }. It turned out to be the P.S.O.M. { programmable speedometer odometer modual } I shipped the instrument cluster to a speed committer shop in Fla. and they fixed it. Google PSOM.

Broncosandpartsgarage

Reaction score
Good afternoon.

When OD button is flashing it means you are getting a bad signal from the VSS you replaced. Could be a bad tone ring in the rear Diff. I’ve seen them come loose. Could be a failing trans as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke