1983 Bronco Problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deano69

Reaction score
Hey!

Bought a 1983 Ford Bronco, Full Size, earlier this year. The problem I am having is that it runs and drives well for maybe a good ten miles or so. Upon these ten miles or so, it feels as if the enginge is pulling heavily, as if it's not getting enough gas, despite the fact that the gas pedal is to the floor. Within a few seconds of this happening it just dies completely and won't start again for at least a good thirty minutes.

I've tried everything that I know of. Some one mentioned to me that I ought to change the master cylinder. If anyone can help, I would highly appreciate it! I am as a loss with what to do.

Thanks!

86_Beast

Reaction score
Your master cylinder is for brakes, your bronco is starving of gas. Either a gas line is clogged, your tank needs to be cleaned, or filter is clogged.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Right, forget the master cylinder. During that 30 minutes have you checked to see if you are getting a good spark ?

Good luck,

peace.gif

86_Beast

Reaction score
Quick question, does it just drop off and die or does it stall out or backfire? There might also be a chance it could be the Tach Tester on the ignition coil, I had a 1979 bronco that would start and run down the highway at 45 mph, you could take it directly to 50 mph and it would just go stone cold dead, turns out it was the tach tester on the coil, had to cut the wires , re-strip them, and then crip on the snap connector's to fix it. May also be your distributor vacuum advance not getting vacuum.

Last edited by a moderator:

bumblebeast

Reaction score
Did you fix this? if not check your metal fuel line on the frame had the same issue, line was clogging.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj